Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

Ive been promoting a fresh start for atleast 3 years....cant knock it now. Im excited for the change. Draft better and we should be better more consistently...its that simple.

Wouldn't mind seeing cooter and Austin stay....but that only happens of Caldwell is here or if the new HC has no team to bring with him. Mcdaniels might be a guy that has no real team to bring with him. Gase too.

Ive been promoting a fresh start for atleast 3 years....cant knock it now. Im excited for the change. Draft better and we should be better more consistently...its that simple.

Wouldn't mind seeing cooter and Austin stay....but that only happens of Caldwell is here or if the new HC has no team to bring with him. Mcdaniels might be a guy that has no real team to bring with him. Gase too.

I think you're right. If Caldwell is gone, I hope, the rest are gone as well.

Don't drink the koolaid folks. This is not a good hire considering we could have got Abrams and Coughlin. Now we are gonna have Quinn and McDaniels. Flipping joke of an organization. To make matters worse, he will keep Caldwell on for a year and when we are out of playoff picture, he gets fired... About week 8 or 9.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm happy until a guy takes 2 second round runningbacks and 2 second round wide receivers he trades up to get all with injury histories or red flags and then caps it of by taking a tight end in the top ten 4 years after taking one in the top 20, forgoing the 5 rookie pro bowlers that came after him because he was the only guy they had left on the board that was "blue chip". Oh yeah and they were all part of his philosophy of best player available.

Last edited:
I am OK with the hire, has to be better than what we had. I am also glad they didn't stick with White. Nothing against him but it was time to clean house. I hope he gives fair shots to other coaches other than McDaniels, and if they go with McDaniels that he has matured and learned from his past mistakes.

Accorsi worked with both Abrams and Coughlin in his time as Giants GM, but they decided to go with Quinn, I think that says a lot about Quinn and his background.

I like the fact he has a lot of scouting in his background.
I'm sure he has paid his dues but make no mistake, Casario handles the draft, Quinn probably tacks up the boards and gets him coffee. Dumb move, the guy will fail, wait and see.

Accorsi worked with both Abrams and Coughlin in his time as Giants GM, but they decided to go with Quinn, I think that says a lot about Quinn and his background.
And how stupid Accorsi is but he was doing what the Fords told him to do. It's fluff boys.

Last edited:
I'm sure he has paid his dues but make no mistake, Casario handles the draft, Quinn probably tacks up the boards and gets him coffee. Dumb move, the guy will fail, wait and see.

Quin does very little with the draft. He was director of Pro scouting, not College. He brought in guys like Welker etc.

And how stupid Accorsi is but he was doing what the Fords told him to do. It's fluff boys.

I get that you're all negative and shit and no one is saying he's going to come in here and create a winner. But IMO, it was Mayhew or White or Quinn. I have to go with the guy not associated with Detroit. 1st GM not on the inside in the SB era.

I don't know much about some of the GM's but how would the Seattle or Giants GM be any better? And there is no guarantee that Coughlin comes with Abrams and/or McDaniel's comes with Quinn.

Oh man...I think jdeb is the new hughes and hughes is drifting ever so slightly to the center.

I'm indifferent at this point. The ol' wait and see approach. I'm probably one of the few that wants Caldwell to get one more year, but my reasoning is more based on his staff than him. His in-game decision making is maddening.

I believe Gase has connections to Cooter and if Austin is gone as some think he may be, I'm okay with a Gase/Cooter staff. There's talent on that d, I think an above par d-coordinator should be able to work with those pieces.

I get that you're all negative and shit and no one is saying he's going to come in here and create a winner. But IMO, it was Mayhew or White or Quinn. I have to go with the guy not associated with Detroit. 1st GM not on the inside in the SB era.

I don't know much about some of the GM's but how would the Seattle or Giants GM be any better? And there is no guarantee that Coughlin comes with Abrams and/or McDaniel's comes with Quinn.
It's the Lions bro, its the wrong move as always. Here's how it goes, guy drafts a bunch of studs, we get all excited on draft day. Season starts and the guys suck, people get fired, then there's next year, same shit but maybe get bounced in first round of playoffs, another draft, another round of crap players, GM gets fired. All the while Abrams and Coughlin transform an organization into winners.

It's the Lions bro, its the wrong move as always. Here's how it goes, guy drafts a bunch of studs, we get all excited on draft day. Season starts and the guys suck, people get fired, then there's next year, same shit but maybe get bounced in first round of playoffs, another draft, another round of crap players, GM gets fired. All the while Abrams and Coughlin transform an organization into winners.

So it's not just Quinn? Because if "it's the Lions, bro" then wouldn't Abrams and Coughlin screw it up to? I would love to have Coughlin but there's no guarantee he'd come here, none. All I know is Quinn should be able to accidentally be better than Mayhew and Millen. Will I go into next season "oh yeah baby, this is it." No chance in hell. I'm just glad they hired someone not associated with the Lions.

Now that we have a GM, the coach. I expect by tomorrow Caldwell will be told of his status. If it lingers on that probably means he stays and if that happens I'm going full jdeb mode.

Last edited:
So it's not just Quinn? Because if "it's the Lions, bro" then wouldn't Abrams and Coughlin screw it up to? I would love to have Coughlin but there's no guarantee he'd come here, none. All I know is Quinn should be able to accidentally be better than Mayhew and Millen. Will I go into next season "oh yeah baby, this is it." No chance in hell. I'm just glad they hired someone not associated with the Lions.
Dude.... I really don't care, I'm just trying to get Tony riled up. It's all good, Lions suck.

I really didn't want Coughlin. I think he's garbage. By the time he instilled his whole. .."you need to earn my respect before i like you" routine. ....he would be dead.

I really didn't want Coughlin. I think he's garbage. By the time he instilled his whole. .."you need to earn my respect before i like you" routine. ....he would be dead.

They didn't kill him in New York.

I, too, am not in the Coughlin corner. I don't understand the love for him. He's been uninspiring to me the last few seasons. I don't see what he'd bring to the franchise at this point.

Back