Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Astronomy pictures of the day

May 23
Inside a Daya bay Antineutrino Detector.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

thats a pretty cool pic. there is an anti-neutrino detector in one of the dakotas (i forget which) built at the bottom of an abandoned mine. i read an article about how it basically was the only activity going on in this mining town that went bust. and it was a struggle to get the locals to understand why all these physicists where in their town & just sitting around watching giant barrels of water miles under the surface.

thats a pretty cool pic. there is an anti-neutrino detector in one of the dakotas (i forget which) built at the bottom of an abandoned mine. i read an article about how it basically was the only activity going on in this mining town that went bust. and it was a struggle to get the locals to understand why all these physicists where in their town & just sitting around watching giant barrels of water miles under the surface.

That is some device for sure. .. I guess just explain and explain and explain.

Back