Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Former Tigers destroy the Dodgers

lol

For your fantasy team, maybe.

Why Avila? Why J Up who would cost even more, for longer, than if he didn't opt out? JD I would love to get back, but the Tigers could have tried to offer him an extension/contract while he was still here. Unless the Tigers FO demonstrated that they wanted to become a serious contender, and offered the best deal, then he won't be coming back here.

I remember when SR Steinbrenner passed away. The son said cutting payroll is priority one. It lasted about 4 seconds..

Avila is still the perfect compliment for McCann.

It was just a fun post.

Not trade but work out compensation...poor choice of words on my part. So it's just like a trade...the team that places the player on revokable waivers works out a "deal" with the claiming team or they just pull the player back.

Essentially there are 3 scenarios when a team claims a player on revokable waivers

1) the team that owns the player's rights pulls the player back

2) the two teams agree on some sort of compensation in order for the claim to go through

3) the team that claims gets the player and assumes the contract

Way to backtrack.

It still does not justify your assertion that no team wanted him.

Way to backtrack.

It still does not justify your assertion that no team wanted him.

like I said...a poor choice of words, not backtracking. They work out some sort of compensation after the player is claimed (compensation for the player...pretty much a trade)

Trade: Verb - exchange (something) for something else, typically as a commercial transaction

It was my contention that they didn't want him because of the contract. If a team really wants a guy (and his contract) they will claim him...right? I have more evidence that nobody wanted him and his contract than anybody that says teams did want him and his contract.

Last edited:
I would say this thread might qualify for the most posts versus the value of importance of the thread.

They're all former Tigers; nothing any of them did had any value to the Tigers at all.

It was just one stupid game against a team that still has won two out of three games this season, even if they're having a slump like every team has in a 162 game season.

A 13 nothing win or 13 nothing loss is the same win or a loss as a one nothing win and loss.

But hey, it's nice to see what players who contribute nothing to the Tigers now makes tiger fans so proud nevertheless.

I would say this thread might qualify for the most posts versus the value of importance of the thread.

They're all former Tigers; nothing any of them did had any value to the Tigers at all.

It was just one stupid game against a team that still has won two out of three games this season, even if they're having a slump like every team has in a 162 game season.

A 13 nothing win or 13 nothing loss is the same win or a loss as a one nothing win and loss.

But hey, it's nice to see what players who contribute nothing to the Tigers now makes tiger fans so proud nevertheless.

I regret nothing. This thread ended up being more entertaining than I could have imagined.

And Cameron Maybin is off to a torrid start with the Astros. Something like 6 RBIs in 6 official AB's, with two dingers..

Maybin does it again, smacking a 2 run oppo-field homer on a 101 mph pitch from Diaz, to win the game and help the Astros sweep the Mariners last night.

Mariners are similar to the Tigers, in that they make a lot of noise when contending, but when push comes to shove in the postseason, they just can't grab the brass-ring.

The Diamondbacks also swept the division-leading Dodgers last night, and former Tigers including manager Lovullo, closer Rodney, and OFer Martinez are on a 13 game winning streak.

Last edited:
Maybin does it again, smacking a 2 run oppo-field homer on a 101 mph pitch from Diaz, to win the game and help the Astros sweep the Mariners last night.

Mariners are similar to the Tigers, in that they make a lot of noise when contending, but when push comes to shove in the postseason, they just can't grab the brass-ring.

The Diamondbacks also swept the division-leading Dodgers last night, and former Tigers including manager Lovullo, closer Rodney, and OFer Martinez are on a 13 game winning streak.

When did Seattle ever get to a WS let alone two? And I'm not even going further back to 84. They've only won 3 series in their history. Seattle is nothing like the Tigers'.

Back