Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maryland Game

Tim Brando is the worst fucking announcer I have ever heard. I’ll take joe buck every single day of the week over this clown

Last edited:
Tim Brando is the worst fucking announcer I have ever heard. I?ll take joe buck every single day of the week over this clown

Tough call, I can't stand listening to Joe Buck either - for different reasons but he sucks too.

2 of fucking 14 dude. 2 of 14

The only loss that?s on his shoulders is the Notre Dame game...and even that?s a stretch. He has won us quite a few games though. I don?t see how he gets so much hate. He?s not the most accurate QB in the world but he is in terms of talent probably the 3rd best QB in the big ten.

The only loss that?s on his shoulders is the Notre Dame game...and even that?s a stretch. He has won us quite a few games though. I don?t see how he gets so much hate. He?s not the most accurate QB in the world but he is in terms of talent probably the 3rd best QB in the big ten.

The defense is at least as responsible - every ND scoring drive except one was extended by a critical 3rd down penalty on the defense.

Tough call, I can't stand listening to Joe Buck either - for different reasons but he sucks too.

Joes delivery is awful and says some stupid corny stuff, but at least he seems like he knows rules and the like. Tim was wrong on half the shit he was saying today (said a flag was picked up earlier when it wasn?t, screwed up a rule, said Holmes was down when it was clear he had fumbled and play was continuing, said Maryland was in 4 down territory when it was clear they weren?t, etc).

Joes delivery is awful and says some stupid corny stuff, but at least he seems like he knows rules and the like. Tim was wrong on half the shit he was saying today (said a flag was picked up earlier when it wasn?t, screwed up a rule, said Holmes was down when it was clear he had fumbled and play was continuing, said Maryland was in 4 down territory when it was clear they weren?t, etc).

Buck is the most arrogant douche in tv sports coverage - totally unaccomplished but calls games like he was once one of the best in the game. He's only in the job because of his dad. Dude was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. I can't listen to the guy.

But Brando is awful. I'm not saying Buck is worse, I'm just not sure I'd rather listen to him over Brando.

His wr?s have made some amazing catches(see psu game film) and he?s still just over 50% completion percentage. It?s not like we throw downfield in this offense. He?s a great runner, but he?s gotta get better throwing the ball. Over throwing targets 10 yards from him this often is a big concern to me.

For the record, I like Lewerke. Just would like to see him get better throwing the ball.

His wr?s have made some amazing catches(see psu game film) and he?s still just over 50% completion percentage. It?s not like we throw downfield in this offense. He?s a great runner, but he?s gotta get better throwing the ball. Over throwing targets 10 yards from him this often is a big concern to me.

In his defense MSU has played three or four games now in very poor weather.

Lots of room to improve.....but I like where he's at right now.

His wr’s have made some amazing catches(see psu game film) and he’s still just over 50% completion percentage. It’s not like we throw downfield in this offense. He’s a great runner, but he’s gotta get better throwing the ball. Over throwing targets 10 yards from him this often is a big concern to me.

I do think he overthrows his target a few times a game. But he has the it factor that’s for sure. And he’s sort of a throw it into coverage because I’m such a good passer kind of QB which I like but it can get him into trouble. He’s had at least 5 balls this season that should have been pics but were missed. I still think with him at the helm next year could be special.

Edit: Frey leaving is a big reason for my optimism. Hopefully Davis comes back but even if he doesn’t I think we are more than fine at WR

Last edited:
I do think he overthrows his target a few times a game. But he has the it factor that?s for sure. And he?s sort of a throw it into coverage because I?m such a good passer kind of QB which I like but it can get him into trouble. He?s had at least 5 balls this season that should have been pics but were missed. I still think with him at the helm next year could be special.

Edit: Frey leaving is a big reason for my optimism. Hopefully Davis comes back but even if he doesn?t I think we are more than fine at WR

We're starting to sound like broken records on this - losing Frey will be addition by subtraction. He's our Kent Benson! I can't wait to not see him on the field next year.

Back