Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

Feels so wrong rooting for the dirty Flyers.

But hope Mrazek gets another one today.

Brandon Davidson to Islanders

2019 3rd round pick to Edmonton.

This is 2nd time Edmonton traded away Brandon. In 2016-17 he was traded to Montreal for David Desharnais (who I am surprised hasn't been mentioned as a trade asset by Rangers, 1 year 1 mil contract for middle 6 scoring forward). Edmonton than reclaimed him on waivers this past December.

Davidson also beat testicular cancer a few years ago.
https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-canadiens-brandon-davidson-opens-up-about-cancer-fight/c-293388940

Didn't know who he was, seems like a 7th D-man at the moment. Price seems a bit high for a depth d-man.

Rick Nash to Boston
Retain 50% of Beleskey contract

Rangers Acquire:
2018 1st round pick
2019 7t round pick
Ryan Spooner
Matt Beleskey
Ryan Lindgren
Retain 50% of Nash salary

Nash's production has hasn't been great the past few years, Boston definitely paid a hefty price. Only 28 points in 60 games playing almost 18 minutes a night this season. Nash is a UFA in the summer.

Ryan Spooner is a prototypical middle 6 offensive forward. Has 25 points in 39 games thus far. Offensively he outperformed Nash the previous 2 seasons as well. Has a career high of 49 points and tends to pad them on the PP. He is also 7 years younger than Nash.

Beleskey is the "salary dump" from Boston. Has 2 more seasons with a cap hit of 3.8 million. He has 1 good season with Boston with a career high of 37 pts before his production fell off a cliff. Has spent most of this season in the minors. Perhaps Rangers think they can turn him around, but more or less, he is there are salary dump from Boston.

Lindgren was drafted 2nd round by Boston in 2016. Currently plays D for U of Minnesota.

Toronto Acquire
Tomas Plekanec
Kyle Baun

Montreal Acquire
Kerby Rychel
Rinat Valiev
2018 2nd round pick
Retain 50% of Plekanec salary

Plekanec is at the end of his career but can still serve a 3rd line role. Has 24 points in 60 games which is 2nd worst pace since his rookie season. Improvement over his worst season the year before but not by much. Is a UFA at end of season.

Kyle Baun appears to be a career AHLer.

Kerby Rychel was once a highly touted offensive prospect. At 23 there is still room to grow and break into NHL. Has 12 points in 37 games with Columbus, hasn't played a single game for the Maple Leafs since being acquired.

Valiev is a defensive prospect.

Another 3 way deal.

Columbus Acquire Mark Letestu

Nashville Acquire 2018 4th round pick from Columbus

Edmonton Acquire Pontus Aberg

Aberg was playing bottom 6 in Nashville but has middle 6 potential. Might just be clearing a spot for Fisher in the lineup.

Letestu is a middle 6 forward returing to Columbus after 2 and a half seasons in Edmonton.

Nashville Acquire
Brandon Bollig
Troy Grosenick

SJ Acquire

Both players are AHLers.
Bollig was more of an enforcer when he was still in the NHL.

Mrazek who played 1 game in goal for Philly.

season-player-jerome-mrazek-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-and-player-picture-id53130443

Missed it, someone had to point it out for me.

Jussi Jokinen is on his 4th team of the season.

Signed as free agent by Edmonton.
Was part of Cammelleri deal to LA.
Was claimed off waivers by Columbus.
Traded to Vancouver as part of Vanek deal.

LMAO, Mrazek and Vasilevski let in 12 goals in regulation between them.

Tampa won in SO and Mrazek let in some softies.

Mrazek back in net.

Philly have lost 5 in a row, 4 of which Mrazek started.

To be honest, I don't know.

Gotisbehrere is a top pairing offensive Dman.

Oduya is your bottom pairing veteran.

Sandheim and Provorov were top rated prospects.

I dunno much about McD either, but I heard Philly overpaid to get him in first place.

Gudas shouldn't be in the NHL.

The other guys I never heard of.

It dosen't look great, but I don't know their D at all.

Back