Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another school shooting

you forgot: "It's too soon to politicize this tragedy, 'libs' and shut up about us politicizing it ourselves."

Last edited by a moderator:
What a horrific memory for the surviving students and faculty to live out their lives with. Plus the mass-murderous actions of the ex-student shooter were expected, and they were not taken entirely by surprise.

But here in Murka we have these millions of patriotic Second Amendment spouting, open-carry advocating ammosexuals, many if not most living in rural/exurban/flyover areas of the country, while being armed to the teeth with every weapon and ammo imaginable, allegedly to defend against govmint tyranny, minority thugs, and Moose Lamb terrists.

Yet over the past 40+ years, I have lived and especially worked, including outdoors overnight, in some of the most crime ridden and poor areas of the city of Detroit, as well as among Latinos in SW Detroit, and near Dearborn, where one of the largest segments of Arab-Americans in the US have emigrated to, while never owning as much as a CO2 pistol.

Last edited:
man, some of you are going to love this. The story says that his mom died 3 months ago...she had the flu. We need single payer healthcare!

man, some of you are going to love this. The story says that his mom died 3 months ago...she had the flu. We need single payer healthcare!

At least she was an entitlements-receiving older mom @ 67, and was not preggers when she passed, otherwise some of you might have bemoaned the loss of her embryo(s) or fetus(es).

What a horrific memory for the surviving students and faculty to live out their lives with. Plus the mass-murderous actions of the ex-student shooter were expected, and they were not taken entirely by surprise.

But here in Murka we have these millions of patriotic Second Amendment spouting, open-carry advocating ammosexuals, many if not most living in rural/exurban/flyover areas of the country, while being armed to the teeth with every weapon and ammo imaginable, allegedly to defend against govmint tyranny, minority thugs, and Moose Lamb terrists.

Yet over the past 40+ years, I have lived and especially worked, including outdoors overnight, in some of the most crime ridden and poor areas of the city of Detroit, as well as among Latinos in SW Detroit, and near Dearborn, where one of the largest segments of Arab-Americans in the US have emigrated to, while never owning as much as a CO2 pistol.

The people in the 1700s would be disgusted if they knew what was happening with the intention of the 2nd amendment.

No one needs this gun. No one. No one needs ANY freaking automatic, semi-automatic military rifle for ANY reason. If you want to hunt, go for it, get a hunting rifle.

At least she was an entitlements-receiving older mom @ 67, and was not preggers when she passed, otherwise some of you might have bemoaned the loss of her embryo(s) or fetus(es).

not me...I'm pro-abortion.

The people in the 1700s would be disgusted if they knew what was happening with the intention of the 2nd amendment.

No one needs this gun. No one. No one needs ANY freaking automatic, semi-automatic military rifle for ANY reason. If you want to hunt, go for it, get a hunting rifle.

I have no problem with hunters owning rifles and bows, or people in high risk occupations CCW, but owning assault weapons with high capacity magazines is a different story. If there ever comes an extremely unlikely situation where they are actually needed, odds are that whoever you are defending against will be extremely desperate, much larger in number, and quite likely be willing to sacrifice some of their mob to take your cache, overwhelm your protections, and kill you and yours with them.

I have no problem with hunters owning rifles and bows, or people in high risk occupations CCW, but owning assault weapons with high capacity magazines is a different story. If there ever comes an extremely unlikely situation where they are actually needed, odds are that whoever you are defending against will be extremely desperate, much larger in number, and quite likely be willing to sacrifice some of their mob to take your cache, overwhelm your protections, and kill you and yours with them.

I just get exhausted with people instantly dismissing what other countries have done and acting like we are some special, unique, magical land where only American things work. Just fucking try something.

Debated posting this, but I feel the news coverage has desensitized us to these shooting because they happen so often. It's good to remember how tramatic these events are to those involved.

NSFW (language). Kind of loud, obviously. A kid took footage on his phone of the shooter shooting through the walls of his classroom (doors were locked). Nobody was hit, no gore in the video, just loud.

https://a.touu.nl/fdmkwj.mp4

Last edited:
Debated posting this, but I feel the news coverage has desensitized us to these shooting because they happen so often. It's good to remember how tramatic these events are to those involved.

NSFW (language). Kind of loud, obviously. A kid took footage on his phone of the shooter shooting through the walls of his classroom (doors were locked). Nobody was hit, no gore in the video, just loud.

https://a.touu.nl/fdmkwj.mp4

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. I thought that over time, I've become kinda "numb" to this stuff. But that video, with basically nothing but gun shots and screaming reminded me of how gross this is and how horrific this stuff is.

Personally, I think this video needs to be put on the big screen at the Senate floor and cranked up to 100 volume and put on loop. Understand what this looks and sounds like.

Last edited:

not me...I'm pro-abortion.

first, that's not an abortion and second, who wouldn't be saddened by the tragic loss of both the mother and child? Also, you have to be a pretty sick individual to be "pro-abortion."

Last edited:

so it's better to just surrender and subjugate yourself to them? Some people would prefer to stand up to tyranny, even if the odds are against them.

Last edited:
so it's better to judge surrender and subjugate yourself to them? Some people would prefer to stand up to tyranny, even if the odds are against them.

You aren't doing anything to them. If the government wanted to come get someone, they'll get them.

That's the paranoia we live in today. People think the big bad gov is always out to get them. Truth is, they don't give a damn about you or I.

If you are that afraid about people busting into your home, get a dog. No one needs an AR-15. No one.

Last edited:
You aren't doing anything to them. If the government wanted to come get someone, they'll get them.

That's the paranoia we live in today. People think the big bad gov is always out to get them. Truth is, they don't give a damn about you or I.

If you are that afraid about people busting into your home, get a dog. No one needs an AR-15. No one.

you're definitely not going to do anything to them if you're unarmed - which is the whole purpose of the second amendment.

people don't need a lot of things that other people abuse or misuse. I personally don't have those fears and I also don't own a gun. But I don't feel it's my right to tell responsible gun owners they can't have an AR-15 or another semi-automatic just because they've been misused by someone. There are already restrictions on automatic and other weapons (you can't own grenades, tanks, etc) and there is no "gun show loophole."

If you want to get serious about stopping these tragedies, talk about reforms that might actually have an impact like the mental health issues and screening for that during background checks. Banning a particular gun isn't going to do anything to stop these things from happening.

Back