Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAAB Corruption Probe

thewolverines24

Report: Corruption probe could take down major programs, HOF coaches
https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1487203

Take it all with a grain of salt. The NCAA is more likely to throw a parade for these programs and publicly jerk off their coaches than actually levy any meaningful punishment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

well, this took down Pitino right?

I guess it's done...

I dont expect much else from it

Report: Corruption probe could take down major programs, HOF coaches
https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1487203

Take it all with a grain of salt. The NCAA is more likely to throw a parade for these programs and publicly jerk off their coaches than actually levy any meaningful punishment.

What are you talking about? Its amazing Louisville and UNC are even able to field teams given how hard the NCAA has come down on them the past couple of years! (Sarcasm)

What are you talking about? Its amazing Louisville and UNC are even able to field teams given how hard the NCAA has come down on them the past couple of years! (Sarcasm)
It's quite commendable. A real triumph of the human spirit!

I forgot, Calipari will be knighted and inducted into sainthood after the investigation. Just the greatest coach and greatest guy ever.

from thewolverines24 link:
"Those spreadsheets cast a wide net throughout college basketball," an anonymous source told Yahoo. "If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried."

“potential NCAA violations for as many as three dozen Division I programs.”
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article200329304.html

"Later Thursday, Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel published a story, citing anonymous sources, that said documents and wiretaps obtained by investigators could put up to 50 college basketball programs in NCAA trouble."

Last edited:
Unless your coach is John Beilein.

Hopefully none of his assistants were involved. That's my worry. And if any Michigan players were taking payments from this agent, it stills screws Michigan basketball(even if the coaches did not know). We would have to forfeit all games they played in. It seems like these guys were contacting kids and giving them money in hopes of signing them before draft day.

Hopefully none of his assistants were involved.

Exactly. If it's the norm across 3 dozen top teams, then some assistant probably thinks it's expected. If all the apparel companies turn out to be involved, Michigan would be targeted.

Last edited:
No Wagner HAS to be getting paid. No doubt about it. How else could he afford all those lip injections?

Guy looks like a Kardashian.

You guys really think LeVert and/or Wilson were targeted by agents? LeVert was an off the radar recruit and had injury issues. Wilson had about 20 good games in three years.

You guys really think LeVert and/or Wilson were targeted by agents? LeVert was an off the radar recruit and had injury issues. Wilson had about 20 good games in three years.

I'm just saying from a money standpoint, Michigan would be a target. I wasn't thinking about any individuals, but if you went after so many people 3 dozen teams were implicated, that could probably cover most or maybe all 4-star recruits; whether they pan out or not isn't known until later.

I'm just saying from a money standpoint, Michigan would be a target. I wasn't thinking about any individuals, but if you went after so many people 3 dozen teams were implicated, that could probably cover most or maybe all 4-star recruits; whether they pan out or not isn't known until later.

LeVert was a 2/3 star recruit. Don't think we have to worry about him. Wilson was a 3 star. 24/7 ranked him as the 254th player in the country and the number 54 SF. I don't think these two guys were high priorities for agents.

LeVert was a 2/3 star recruit. Don't think we have to worry about him. Wilson was a 3 star. 24/7 ranked him as the 254th player in the country and the number 54 SF. I don't think these two guys were high priorities for agents.

I'm not saying anything about LeVert, Wilson, or anyone specifically. I don't think marketers care about strictly following some set of rules. They see money, they try to make money. Michigan has money and 4-star recruits, that's probably enough for them to try.

I'm going by the first round pick comment in the article. Our only first round picks in the past three years are LeVert and Wilson.

If this probe really ends up being as far reaching as everyone says, then they either need to cease having college basketball being a big-time money sport and scale it back or just get rid of most of the rules that are in place and let it be the wild west.

At any rate, just come out with the stuff already instead of constantly talking about the big storm that's coming.

If this probe really ends up being as far reaching as everyone says, then they either need to cease having college basketball being a big-time money sport and scale it back or just get rid of most of the rules that are in place and let it be the wild west.

At any rate, just come out with the stuff already instead of constantly talking about the big storm that's coming.

The NCAA scaling back a big money maker bahahahahahahahahahaa. That was good. I needed a good laugh today. :lmao:

And femember levert was committe to Ohio Univ until Groce left

DJ was not a highnrecuit either

Back