Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit-area coach of the year

grandy

They had this topic on the radio yesterday, what do you guys think?

Also left an option if any of you have someone other than the ones listed.

Wayne's State Football? Who's Beilein? I guess I'll for Jimmy Schwartz.

Schwartz is the coach for one of the most undisciplined teams in the sport.

Hoke all the way.

Your vote doesn't count. Have to be a fan of at least 2 teams in the great state of Michigan.

That being said the Piston coach should be in the running for having to endure just a shitty roster that was put together no fault of his own.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That being said the Piston coach should be in the running for having to endure just a shitty roster that was put together no fault of his own.

The one that couldn't even control his own team? or the one that will technically be a coach for a week in 2010?

Romneybot said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That being said the Piston coach should be in the running for having to endure just a shitty roster that was put together no fault of his own.

The one that couldn't even control his own team? or the one that will technically be a coach for a week in 2010?

I dunno.

Schwartz had the benefit of a full healthy year from Stafford. Not knocking the job he's done, but I had to go with the turnaround that Hoke made at UM.

Was back and forth between Hoke and Beilein.

Hoke, turned Michigan around fast. The only thing better than beating Ohio State, and winning the sugar bow, is winning a national championship, and big ten championship.

Beilein, Has done a amazing job with UM baksetball. Were a top contender in the B1G, have beat MSU. A top 25 recruiting class. Making the NCAA tourney.

So if I could vote for 2 these would be them.

I voted for Smokey.

Schwartz and Hoke did good, but did not win their division/conference, big improvements though.

Leyland won 95 games in a division most experts predicted a 3rd place finish in, with people screaming all year for him to be fired, people actually pissed their pants when his contract got extended, and he got us to within 4 innings of the World Series (again).

IMO Babcock has to win the cup to even be considered, he's got the only true dynasty in sports at the moment, so anything less than Lord Stanley's Cup is a dissapointment.

MI_Thumb said:
I voted for Smokey.

Schwartz and Hoke did good, but did not win their division/conference, big improvements though.

Leyland won 95 games in a division most experts predicted a 3rd place finish in, with people screaming all year for him to be fired, people actually pissed their pants when his contract got extended, and he got us to within 4 innings of the World Series (again).

IMO Babcock has to win the cup to even be considered, he's got the only true dynasty in sports at the moment, so anything less than Lord Stanley's Cup is a dissapointment.

This year won't make a difference...even if the Tigers win the WS, people will still be calling for Leyland's head.

Back