Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

just a heads up

lionsFTW

Monster,

Wanted to let you know some guy with a brand new account PM'd me with a kind of spammy message about a new board. The message had a link in it but I didn't click it. Just thought you should be aware. The account name was simply "james"

Its not spamy, just hoping more detriot fans could rep there team there. You don't have to join, just trying to be nice.

Lets see how fast we can smite him to -100.

I'm a bit offended I didn't get the link.

how the fuck didn't I get an invite? What's the site?

i love that someone with 52 posts put this announcement on the board! It shows that even the people that don't post much are on here and actually care about the board. Cool shit.

Here is the message I received:

Hey just here to share a great sports forum to talk basketball,football,baseball and hockey.We are very active and have 125k posts in just 5 months. The site (CenterStageSports) is a very friendly community who are not trolls. The sports talk has great quality while having a lot of quantity as well. Please check us out athttp://centerstagesports.comYou will not be disappointed I promise you that!REP DETRIOT HARD

i actually like the look of their message board. Too bad it's for every single team in every sport. I like this board because it's team specific, which means we usually stay on topic. Plus everyone knows each other here, which is why i made this shit. Half of the ESPNers were saying they wanted to go to CBSsports, some to other smaller boards. This shit kept most of them together.

Oh and they have 125k posts in 5 months????

We have 118k in 5 months....with only Michigan based teams. I'd say....we win.

I didn't get this one, but got one from someone else back on Oct. 8, for a different Michigan sports teams board, I just ignored it, the guy made an account just to send PM's cause it still shows 0 posts on his total.

yeah james no offense but I don't just click any random link as that's how your computer gets the aids. I did do a google search of the link and checked out your board. may pop in from time to time but like others have pointed out this board is pretty kick ass as it deals exactly with our teams.

james said:
Its not spamy, just hoping more detriot fans could rep there team there. You don't have to join, just trying to be nice.

Spam = unsolicited email or message about unwanted information

I received on from you, and it was certainly not solicited and certainly unwanted.

that's spamming for your new forum 101

reason why every one of Monster's posts or re-posts by others were zapped. it took a grassroots and word-of-mouth effort around here.

that is spamming, pure and simple.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't he meant anything buy it.

I agree, it's not like he's asking for anyone to give this board up in favor of the other.

But, I think he at least should have asked Monster if it's okay first.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":pd5kvnvm]I don't he meant anything buy it.

I agree, it's not like he's asking for anyone to give this board up in favor of the other.

But, I think he at least should have asked Monster if it's okay first.[/quote:pd5kvnvm]

if he had joined the board and participated in this board's activities, I'd have no problem letting him ask people if they wanted to check it out. His first action was to send messages out to everyone (except the MODs).

Back