Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Article on Big Ten Basketball

Minnesota wins 6th in a row at Maryland. Peaking at the right time maybe ?

Very bad year. I think only 3(Purdue, Wisconsin and Maryland) deserve a spot in the tournament. I'm sure at least 3 more will get in though.

Down year in the ncaa also. I think big ten will get in 6 or 7 teams in for sure. Not like the Sec will be lucky to get 4 or 5 teams in. They will not pick teams form the midmajors even if they deserve it because noone Watches those teams. Committee still has to think of tv ratings lol..

Last edited:
Down year in the ncaa also. I think big ten will get in 6 or 7 teams in for sure. Not like the Sec will be lucky to get 4 or 5 teams in. They will not pick teams form the midmajors even if they deserve it because noone Watches those teams. Committee still has to think of tv ratings lol..

when you invite almost 70 teams....it should be about getting people to watch.

The weakest Big Ten season I can remember was 2004. Weaker than this year. I think only Illinois, Wisconsin, and MSU made the tournament that year. MSU went 5-6 OOC playing a simiarly ridiculous schedule to this year, then went 12-4 in the Big Ten losing at home to Wisconsin in the last game with a chance to clinch a co-title. Then bowed out to Nevada in Round 1 as a 7 seed.

However after the ACC and Big 12 a lot of conferences look mediocre this year. Pac 12 is top heavy, horrible at the bottom. The Big Ten has some alright depth but is pretty mediocre at the top (though Purdue may be capable of making a run).

It's cyclical though. The next year after that 2004 season I referenced the Big Ten put 2 in the Final 4 (MSU, Ill) and 3 in the Elite 8 (Wisconsin).

Back