Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '17

If Speight, Peters, or McCaffrey can't succeed, we're in big trouble because they have w ton of help.

I think next year might be an exercise in patience. Expectations for the future are through the roof, but it's just not quite the future yet.

On the other hand, Harbaugh's guys could be ready to explode, and the big home games could aid an extremely young team..

Collins is in, baring a major surprise, that should be it for this year. Damn fine class, too bad 1 of the 2 ahead of us is the fuckers in Columbus.

Holy shit, Nico's announcement sucks. 10+ other athletes from his school going first with commentary and highlight videos. This will be at least another hour. Fucccck.

It was quick and it's a big day for those kids as well. That fucking feed was terrible though and Clay Chalkville needs to invest in some MFin fioptics before next signing day.

Michigan secured the commitment of the #1 punter in the nation, Brad Robbins...

Go blue!!

Michigan secured the commitment of the #1 punter in the nation, Brad Robbins...

Go blue!!

:cheers: Here is to him staying on the bench for the majority of his 4 years.

Sounds like UM had a good day!

Our WR class is the best in the nation. We have 5 kids that are going to get open and open a lot(barring any kind of misconduct in the future). It adds to the guys we got last year and that is a pretty special 2yrs of recruiting. I dont doubt we go after a couple grad transfers for OLine security, though. It would be nice to have a little more in that area, but we have some good kids coming in, especially 3* Steuber. He looked really good at the camps against way better competition than he plays in high school. As far as linebackers are concerned, we were 1LB(Gay) away of having the best LB group in my opinion. That would have been great, but man, we got most who we wanted this year overall. Some of these guys, talent wise, are difference makers that can help with those struggling days where you win by 3, instead of lose on a last second fg to a shitty Iowa team.

Michigan adds PWO LB from ohio. Normally not big news but this kid was first team all state in Ohio and was Ohio D1 defensive player of the year. He had a lacrosse scholarship but decided to walk on at Michigan football instead. http://thespun.com/big-ten/michigan/matt-brown-michigan-walk-on-quinnipiac-lacrosse

Also was a 2016 Max Prep all american http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=489f3cc9-ce7e-4212-9043-33887a73a25b

No clue how we were able to get him as a walk on.

I have to say this is a huge get. Basically a 4* walk-on LB. Dude changed his mind about Lax and Harbaugh came a calling.

Wow. I love it. And it looks like he was a Wolverine stuck in Ohio. Looking through his twitter and he was retweeting a lot of Michigan's sweet 16 run.

I want to know the story about how he ended up a PWO. I could see it being He decided to play LAX but someone at Michigan never gave up. Kids this decorated just dont come in as a PWO.

I want to know the story about how he ended up a PWO. I could see it being He decided to play LAX but someone at Michigan never gave up. Kids this decorated just dont come in as a PWO.

Played in the smallest class in Ohio, undersized, and a bit slow. May end up being a FB after adding weight.

Played in the smallest class in Ohio, undersized, and a bit slow. May end up being a FB after adding weight.

"Played in the smallest class in Ohio"

Might want to rethink that post

They ended up losing to Cleveland, St. Ignatius in the playoffs

Last edited:
4.56 for a kid that big is pretty impressive. Linebacker or TE, thats fast. And that is his SPARQ run, so its legit.

on this board, seems like views of our recruiting are pretty rosy.

Elsewhere I have a couple friends complaining it fell WAY off this last year, and a lot of kids we offered had no other impressive offers. and we missed a few targets, especially on offense

the thinking is this is all due to changing recruiting coordinators and losing Wheatley as an assistant.

Back