Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Griffins fall out of First

They are in no danger of not making the playoffs but I wonder how many young Wings will go back down and play? Russo and , the Russian kid come to mind ?

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index...fall_out_of_fi.html#incart_river_mobile_index

The Griffins already clinched the playoffs. It is the top stop in division that they just lost to Chicago Wolves.

Svechnikov was already demoted back to AHL following the Ottawa games.

I do recall reading article recently that Blashill didn't expect any of the full time rookies to be sent back down to AHL for playoffs.

Shame they should go and get playoff experience. Does it have to do with yjr amount of moves each player had PH?

I think Nosek, Street, and Lorito only players going back.

AFAIK, there is no limit for a player to bounce up/down between NHL/AHL.

Think it is more sending a message, you are now NHL players the AHL is beneath you.

Griffins play Wednesday we should know by tomorrow who is going back down to minors.

Griffins ended up 2nd in division by 1 point.

Chicago Wolves 44W 19L 8_OTL 5SOL
Grand Rapids 47W 23L 1_OTL 5SOL

Will play Milwaukee in first round, which IIRC, is the minor affiliate of Nashville.

Last edited:
Back