Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What hospitals waste

Sent my wife (heads an ER at a hospital here in Michigan) this article. Curious what kind of input she has.

My wife is just a phlebotomist. She worked at Quest and now a hospital and she says it amazes her how much the Health care field waste .. My sister is a retiring soon PA, and we have 2 other young nieces and nephews starting out as nurses in the field maybe I could have them look at to.

Last edited:
My wife sees way to many blood draws on the same people in some of these facilities . Feels like over billing to her ..

no, no, no, guys you're looking at it all wrong. We have the best healthcare in the world*. now shut up, and get back to work so you can afford to spend 10-20% of your income for health insurance alone, and hope if you get sick it's covered.

ingrates.

*solely as measured by the profitability of the healthcare & pharmaceutical industries, which is what REALLY matters.

no, no, no, guys you're looking at it all wrong. We have the best healthcare in the world*. now shut up, and get back to work so you can afford to spend 10-20% of your income for health insurance alone, and hope if you get sick it's covered.

ingrates.

*solely as measured by the profitability of the healthcare & pharmaceutical industries, which is what REALLY matters.

"There are countries in the world that have it worse than us so you shouldn't be complaining."

. . . or better than most Western nations if you have money.

Even in nations with universal health care there are usually private clinics/hospitals where 'superior' services can be obtained.

For the average pleb its pretty obvious which is more beneficial.

Even in nations with universal health care there are usually private clinics/hospitals where 'superior' services can be obtained.

For the average pleb its pretty obvious which is more beneficial.

Well there are still lots of people with money coming to the US for Health care all the time. Most of the time the people with money only go over seas for health care when the procedure or medicine is banned or illegal here.

Why would that be if it was so superior?

Just like Jesus would've wanted it, right?

Wondering what one has to do with the other.

. . . oh I get it, you are just being your stupid master baiter self. Good for you.

Last edited:
Wondering what one has to do with the other.

. . . oh I get it, you are just being your stupid master baiter self. Good for you.

perhaps I was being too obtuse.

Do you think Jesus would be okay with a country that could easily afford to provide universal healthcare for its citizens, but decided not to, solely in order to preserve the profits of health insurers and drug makers?

Well there are still lots of people with money coming to the US for Health care all the time. Most of the time the people with money only go over seas for health care when the procedure or medicine is banned or illegal here.

Why would that be if it was so superior?

the people that come to the US for treatment are coming from countries that may or may not have universal healthcare, but are very poor and so have bad healthcare or can't provide certain forms of treatment.

French, Germans, Brits, Danes, Swedes, Japanese, Canadians, Norwegians, Finns, Dutch, Swiss, etc. are not typically coming here for medical attention.

Rich Russians, Chinese, Third World Despots, etc. might though. Sometimes they go to places with equally good, if not better healthcare, like Germany or the Scandinavian countries.

perhaps I was being too obtuse.

Do you think Jesus would be okay with a country that could easily afford to provide universal healthcare for its citizens, but decided not to, solely in order to preserve the profits of health insurers and drug makers?

Sure, it is called free will. Maybe you hadn't heard of that?

Sure, it is called free will. Maybe you hadn't heard of that?

so why did Christ chase the money lenders and trinket sellers out of the temple then? free will right? or do you only need to behave yourself in church?

Back