Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I Wanna Tell Her that I Love Her a Lot, But First I Gotta Belly Full of Wine..."

tinselwolverine

"I Wanna Tell Her that I Love Her a Lot, But First I Gotta Belly Full of Wine..."

So it's in the news that her Majesty, a pretty nice girl, likes to get a little buzz on, averaging four pops a day...91 years old and tiny...ya gotta wonder how many she had before she hang glided into Wembly Stadium a few years back...

Last edited:
So it's in the news that her Majesty, a pretty nice girl, likes to get a little buzz on, averaging four pops a day...91 years old and tiny...ya gotta wonder how many she had before she hang glided into Wembly Stadium a few years back...

the queen mum used to kick back with a fifth of gin and a carton of smokes right up until she died.

waspy old bats are always big drinkers. they have livers made of steel. i had a classmate at UM from Connecticut who said when his grandma would come over for holidays, they'd just hand her a whole handle of Tanqueray and then leave her alone.

the queen mum used to kick back with a fifth of gin and a carton of smokes right up until she died.

waspy old bats are always big drinkers. they have livers made of steel. i had a classmate at UM from Connecticut who said when his grandma would come over for holidays, they'd just hand her a whole handle of Tanqueray and then leave her alone.

You knew where the thread title's from, right?

Yes.

In my humble opinion, side 2 is the greatest piece of music ever written.

It was a patchwork of incomplete songs that they did not know how to resolve or finish, so they just put them back to back. Turned out okay.

It was a patchwork of incomplete songs that they did not know how to resolve or finish, so they just put them back to back. Turned out okay.

Well I think the idea was to tie them all back together.

Rolling Stone Magazine ranks it at 14, with four other Beatle albums ahead of it; Sargeant Pepper at #1.

Well I think the idea was to tie them all back together.

Rolling Stone Magazine ranks it at 14, with four other Beatle albums ahead of it; Sargeant Pepper at #1.

Not the original idea when they were being written over a year period. Some of these songs go back to 1968. It was like: "what do we do with this material?" It was actually the next iteration of a previously used concept. Other Beatles songs (later ones) were hybrids, Day In The Life and I've Got a Feeling were two of them that injected song fragments from Paul and John respectively.

Not the original idea when they were being written over a year period. Some of these songs go back to 1968. It was like: "what do we do with this material?" It was actually the next iteration of a previously used concept. Other Beatles songs (later ones) were hybrids, Day In The Life and I've Got a Feeling were two of them that injected song fragments from Paul and John respectively.

I read an article on the Abbey Road medley that supported your theory. someone else (George Martin I think?) had to convince Paul and John to tie the names together in polythene pam and mean mr mustard. when they wrote the songs, they were stand alone pieces. also if I remember correctly either John or paul told the sound engineer to throw the tape for "Her Majesty" out after they recorded it on a whim, but (having been instructed by the record company to never trash any Beatles material) he saved it, and it ended up on the album.

I read an article on the Abbey Road medley that supported your theory. someone else (George Martin I think?) had to convince Paul and John to tie the names together in polythene pam and mean mr mustard. when they wrote the songs, they were stand alone pieces. also if I remember correctly either John or paul told the sound engineer to throw the tape for "Her Majesty" out after they recorded it on a whim, but (having been instructed by the record company to never trash any Beatles material) he saved it, and it ended up on the album.

It's no theory. The medley was Paul's idea, which makes sense, since he was a fan of the oleo. It's pretty obvious when you listen to the track that this is a quilting of incomplete songs with little that connects them save the tape on which they were mastered.

Anyways, the 91 year old monarch likes to bang a few back every day, and I for one support that.

Moderately heavy drinking may have positive health outcomes for many people.

She likes a combo of fermented and distilled booze-maybe that's the trick.

Old Prince Phillip allegedly likes to knock 'em back, too.

Back