Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions to release Deandre Levy

As a man, after making as much money as he did for so little work, I'd be so fucking embarrassed crawling back looking for even more money. Fuck this guy.

Yep, exactly how I feel. This guy was a bright spot on our D for a few years, but has done absolutely nothing but collect a fat paycheck for the last 2 years. I personally would feel that I owe the organization nothing less than walking away quietly and appreciative.

No chance he wins this..

This is why he has a chance to win (or get some kind of settlement)

Levy also accuses the Lions of falsely passing his physical examination days before releasing him in March. ?I figured there was something wrong because they passed me on a physical when I couldn't even sit down to a chair or get into a linebacker stance at the time,? Levy said.

NFL teams are not allowed to cut a player outright if he cannot pass a physical. The team must place a veteran like Levy on injured reserve, then can release him if the two parties agree on an injury settlement. The Lions never came to such an agreement with Levy. As Rothstein points out in his article, this is not an uncommon grievance in the NFL.

Deandre limpy is not a cautious man. Even if doctors told him not to play he still might have decided to play. All last season i read articles how badly he wanted to come back

Maybe that wing walking weakened his hip and knee. Maybe take yourself out of the colts game if you feel it hurting. He got hurt in two caldwell training camps. You were already weak of that is how you are hurt

Last edited:
This is why he has a chance to win (or get some kind of settlement)

Levy also accuses the Lions of falsely passing his physical examination days before releasing him in March. ?I figured there was something wrong because they passed me on a physical when I couldn't even sit down to a chair or get into a linebacker stance at the time,? Levy said.

NFL teams are not allowed to cut a player outright if he cannot pass a physical. The team must place a veteran like Levy on injured reserve, then can release him if the two parties agree on an injury settlement. The Lions never came to such an agreement with Levy. As Rothstein points out in his article, this is not an uncommon grievance in the NFL.

He's not winning shit. He's lying through his teeth....

The rule is dumb you can't cut someone hurt even though he got a 12 million signing bonus. We are supposed to have Levy on the cap forever because he can't get healthy. He wanted to play. Nobody forced him to play the last five games. It's obvious you are at risk if you keep playing after a surgery. The man stands on planes, he doesn't care about risks

And he played the entire Colts game. He could have taken himself out if he felt it hurting. But he didn't.

His April surgery this year might have been needed anyway even if he didn't play in the Colts game and the last five games.

Take your 18.25 million and shut your mouth like you did when were a player Levy. Suddenly Levy and Calvin are chatty cathys

Last edited:
The rule is dumb you can't cut someone hurt even though he got a 12 million signing bonus. We are supposed to have Levy on the cap forever because he can't get healthy. He wanted to play. Nobody forced him to play the last five games. It's obvious you are at risk if you keep playing after a surgery. The man stands on planes, he doesn't care about risks

And he played the entire Colts game. He could have taken himself out if he felt it hurting. But he didn't.

His April surgery this year might have been needed anyway even if he didn't play in the Colts game and the last five games.

Take your 18.25 million and shut your mouth like you did when were a player Levy. Suddenly Levy and Calvin are chatty cathys

so he "passes" his physical performed by the team Dr. in March (which would indicate he is healthy enough to play) released a few days later then needs surgery in April? I understand that Levy was a worthless POS over the past 2 years but if the contract says you can't cut an injured player then you can't pull that bullshit on him.

so he "passes" his physical performed by the team Dr. in March (which would indicate he is healthy enough to play) released a few days later then needs surgery in April? I understand that Levy was a worthless POS over the past 2 years but if the contract says you can't cut an injured player then you can't pull that bullshit on him.

So they screw their cap over for a guy who never gets healthy

Lions did it right with Tullcoh and Pettigrew last year and waited until they were healthier to cut them. And it hurt their cap. Then Quinn looked around the league and noticed nobody waits to cut a player if there are cap implications like that

a vet min guy. Yeah you get the settlement first. But not a guy counting huge against the cap. Like Levy would agree to a proper settlement after talking about CTE and injuries galore all last year.

It needs to be like NHL where long term IR doesn't count against the cap

Quinn did it and now asks forgiveness later. Better than waiting and asking for permission to cut the guy

whatever, maybe Martha gives Levy some more money over the 18.25 million he got for 6 games. It better not count against the cap though or cost Detroit cap space.

Last edited:
So they screw their cap over for a guy who never gets healthy

Lions did it right with Tullcoh and Pettigrew last year and waited until they were healthier to cut them. And it hurt their cap. Then Quinn looked around the league and noticed nobody waits to cut a player if there are cap implications like that

a vet min guy. Yeah you get the settlement first. But not a guy counting huge against the cap

It needs to be like NHL where long term IR doesn't count against the cap

maybe they did it the right way for the cap...but if that's the case then they still owe him the settlement money. I'm not saying it's right that they have to pay someone that doesn't contribute but if that is how the contracts are then they owe it to him.

I agree about injured players not counting against the cap...that makes sense to me.

maybe they did it the right way for the cap...but if that's the case then they still owe him the settlement money. I'm not saying it's right that they have to pay someone that doesn't contribute but if that is how the contracts are then they owe it to him.

I agree about injured players not counting against the cap...that makes sense to me.

I'm fine giving him more settlement money (even though I think 18.25 million for 6 games is plenty). The settlement money was built into his large signing bonus. It's not my money. But it better not count against the cap.

Last edited:

Just show the NFL the signed clean bill of health docs from the team doctor. Fire the doctor. Good to go....

Just show the NFL the signed clean bill of health docs from the team doctor. Fire the doctor. Good to go....

the team would still be on the hook for whatever money they owe him because the Dr. was an employee of the Lions. If they fire the doctor they will be admitting that the Dr was wrong. I guess they could go after the Dr. for the money.

My guess is they will settle for some amount that satisfies both parties.

Grievance for 1.75 mil. Remaining he didnt get from 20 mil on deal

Back