Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Stafford to 5 year $135 Million deal, highest paid QB, now restructured

Incorrect. That would make it a holeless first string. Not a holeless team.

The backups were hurt too. Riddick, Robinson, and Bynes/Bostic early. Double injury creates a hole.

Or starters played hurt. That creates a hole since the injuries causes bad play. Stafford/Ansah/Levy in this scenario. Try to follow along

At one point in time you can be holeless. At another holes can be created by extreme injuries

Last edited:
The backups were hurt too. Riddick, Robinson, and Bynes/Bostic early. Double injury creates a hole.

Or starters played hurt. That creates a hole since the injuries causes bad play. Stafford/Ansah/Levy in this scenario. Try to follow along

So tell me this...what value is there to say that "this team is holeless" as you often did loudly and proudly, when any injury suddenly creates a hole? Why say it to begin with then? Just to troll?

I don't need to follow along with your made up on-the-fly logic lol. I'm just having some fun with you. Did not even bother to read all the same old injury excuses you've posted at least ten thousand times at this point. I already know what happened.

Carry on.

So tell me this...what value is there to say that "this team is holeless" as you often did loudly and proudly, when any injury suddenly creates a hole? Why say it to begin with then? Just to troll?

I don't need to follow along with your made up on-the-fly logic lol. I'm just having some fun with you. Did not even bother to read all the same old injury excuses you've posted at least ten thousand times at this point. I already know what happened.

Carry on.

They were holeless at that time. Multiple injuries can create holes. We had multiple injuries to certain positions and other players being hurt.

The team was 9-4 then got hurt and it ruined a glorious playoff run.

And now Quinn made that 9-4 team even better. Extreme holeless really

They were holeless at that time. Multiple injuries can create holes. We had multiple injuries to certain positions and other players being hurt.

The team was 9-4 then got hurt and it ruined a glorious playoff run.

And now Quinn made that 9-4 team even better. Extreme holeless really

Can't wait! :)

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...w-stafford-need-go-someplace-else/2722314002/
Analyst Brian Billick: Maybe Lions' Matthew Stafford 'does need to go someplace else'.
Freep

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...le-bunch-of-teams-that-would-love-to-get-him/
Brian Billick on Stafford: 'there's a whole bunch of teams that would love' to get him.
LionsWire

"One of the hardest things to do is to separate the play of a quarterback from what’s going on around him," Billick said. "How much is him, how much is what’s going on around him. I think they need to – if they want to kick Matthew Stafford to the street, there’s a whole bunch of teams that would love to see him (available)."

Last edited:
Just from the perspective of a guy with back problems... damn.. that had to be rough to play through.

I?m certainly not making excuses for his poor play last year.....but games 2-7 he had 115+ rating and 70 is QBR.

Then he hurts his back.....and it falls to 75 ish rating and a 45 QBR. He wasn?t the same guy.

Either way....hoping for a healthy and more consistent year from #9!

Back