Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Giants *Monday Night* Thread

Was curious so looked it up...the last time we won back to back games by more than double digits was 2014 when we beat the Bears 34-17 on Thanksgiving and then had 10 days to prepare for the Bucs and won that game 34-17 as well.

Its a weird feeling....i was literally sitting there in the 4th quarter waiting for something bad to happen to make it a close game lol. Then Poof!....deep throw down the right sideline. Oh shit...B Marshall is wide open!!!! Here it comes! YESSSSSS.....he dropped it! lol. Great job winning by double digits on the road. I really hate the idea of going into a shell offensively almost the entire 2nd half....but in the end it worked. Said it during the thread...i cant remember the last time being up by double digits and milking the last 6 mins off the clock by solely running the ball to close out a good defensive team. You could probably count the times weve done that on 1 hand the last 10 years.

Two double digit wins. It's nice to see. Keep it going. Good test at home in Week 3 for the defense

Two double digit wins. It's nice to see. Keep it going. Good test at home in Week 3 for the defense

Good test???

Besides the Pats...... Atlanta is head and shoulders the best team in the NFL......IMO of course. We'll see how far we've come Sunday. I am cautiously optimistic about that game. Even on short rest and without Davis, no reason we can't show up and prove we belong.

Falcons will be without Beasley.....which will be a big help considering how bad Robinson has been.

I watched the 1st half but not the second. I was pretty impressed with the way Stafford scrambled. The OL was OK. The front 4 were very good. The Giants OL is TERRIBLE! Eli is like a traffic cone out there.

First time since 1980 they won the first two games by double digits. That is a long time. That year they blast 4 teams in a row and then the Falcons burst our bubble and after starting 4-0. We finished 9-7. Man hope we beat the Falcons !!!

Last edited:
First time since 1980 they won the first two games by double digits. That is a long time. That year they blast 4 teams in a row and then the Falcons burst our bubble and after starting 4-0. We finished 9-7. Man hope we beat the Falcons !!!

hqdefault.jpg

I agree . I wish I was the billionaire owner of the lions . I would so go off on the nfl after last night. This shit gets so old where one team is blatantly getting away with shit on the lions and the NFL does nothing because it's one of thier protected teams . Now we may have lost our #1 draft pick because of a dirty freaking play.

An unpenalized dirty play that happened right in front of the refs. Somebody needs to raise hell. That block in the back that extended their drive was almost worse, it was like the refs went into hurry up, hoping nobody saw it. Pretty sure the entire viewing audience noticed it

The only thing nagging at me about this game is that Stafford couldn't connect on those two straight free plays. If he ever wants to be mentioned in the level of ARod, he needs to start hitting those. Nevertheless good overall win. Offense didn't come out like gangbusters but it least is wasn't the 30 minute long sluggish start we've gotten used to. Defense was solid, helped out a bit by Giants mistakes, but still good. (Ziggy is BACK!) Special teams seems to have worked out the early kinks from last week and was the unit that finally put the dagger in. Agnew with some good open space running and a few good blocks helped.

Real test next week obviously...the key will be how the run defense holds up against Atlanta's two headed back field monster. (Freeman is some kind of physical freak and Coleman takes a backseat to nobody speed wise.) May need to win a shoot out. Atlanta's D can be worn down. Game certainly looks more winnable than it did when the schedule came out.

Last edited:
https://sidelionreport.com/2017/09/19/detroit-lions-10-observations-monday-night-win/
Detroit Lions: 10 observations from Monday night?s big win.
SideLionReport

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-detroit-lions-24-new-york-giants-10
Refocused: Detroit Lions 24 - New York Giants 10.
PFF

79 of Ameer Abdullah's 86 yards last night came after contact.

Jamal Agnew made an incredible 88-yard punt return touchdown, the first kick to be returned for a score this season. The Giants now trailed 24-10, so later going for it on fourth-and-3 at their own 48 was an easy decision. However, you need to throw a hair beyond the sticks in that situation. Manning didn't on a pass to Shane Vereen, and after a challenge by Jim Caldwell reversed a ludicrous spot, the Lions took over on downs. On their last real gasp, the Giants saw Evan Engram drop a big gain after Darius Slay crushed him near the goal line. On fourth-and-10, Manning again threw short of the sticks to Beckham, who slid and dropped the ball anyway.

Detroit practically ran out the clock from there in a game script that is so unfamiliar for this team, especially on the road. The Lions never trailed and racked up 138 rushing yards. Matthew Stafford only had to throw 21 times for 122 yards, the lowest yardage in his career in a game he finished

The only thing nagging at me about this game is that Stafford couldn't connect on those two straight free plays. If he ever wants to be mentioned in the level of ARod, he needs to start hitting those. Nevertheless good overall win. Offense didn't come out like gangbusters but it least is wasn't the 30 minute long sluggish start we've gotten used to. Defense was solid, helped out a bit by Giants mistakes, but still good. (Ziggy is BACK!) Special teams seems to have worked out the early kinks from last week and was the unit that finally put the dagger in. Agnew with some good open space running and a few good blocks helped.

Real test next week obviously...the key will be how the run defense holds up against Atlanta's two headed back field monster. (Freeman is some kind of physical freak and Coleman takes a backseat to nobody speed wise.) May need to win a shoot out. Atlanta's D can be worn down. Game certainly looks more winnable than it did when the schedule came out.

One of those free plays went through the arms of his receiver. I can't fault him for that.

Back