Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 152 Tigers vs a's Sept 20, 2017

Zimmermann is owed $74 million through 2020.

Most of the Twins' damage was done against the Tigers' bullpen, including relievers Victor Alcantara and Myles Jaye.

That's like someone jamming their fist in their guy, $74 .. Just release him now.

And Jaye, please tell me we have someone, anyone - better than him in the pipeline. The dude has been turrible. Just turrible.

That's like someone jamming their fist in their guy, $74 .. Just release him now.

And Jaye, please tell me we have someone, anyone - better than him in the pipeline. The dude has been turrible. Just turrible.

releasing him make no sense at all.

releasing him make no sense at all.

Why? They're paying him anyway, I get that.. But what good is it if he stinks with his 6+ era? Let him stink for someone else.. I never got the 'if he's making a lot of money you need to use him' bit..

Why? They're paying him anyway, I get that.. But what good is it if he stinks with his 6+ era? Let him stink for someone else.. I never got the 'if he's making a lot of money you need to use him' bit..

If the Tigers were a contender and he was holding them back, then you consider releasing him. But that's not the case and it won't be throughout the remaining years of his contract. I have read that the root cause of his problems could be his neck issue. I have no idea if this is the case. Regardless, they need someone in the rotation and it doesn't appear that he is blocking anybody good in the minors. You are paying him to pitch...make him pitch. Maybe he turns it around a bit next year (I'm not holding my breath) and you can trade him while eating a portion of his contract.

If the Tigers were a contender and he was holding them back, then you consider releasing him. But that's not the case and it won't be throughout the remaining years of his contract. I have read that the root cause of his problems could be his neck issue. I have no idea if this is the case. Regardless, they need someone in the rotation and it doesn't appear that he is blocking anybody good in the minors. You are paying him to pitch...make him pitch. Maybe he turns it around a bit next year (I'm not holding my breath) and you can trade him while eating a portion of his contract.

Lets say he gets picked up by Cleveland or KC. Better chance to compete with Cleveland or KC. The guy blows.. If his neck has been bothering him, for 2 freakin' years, fix it already.

Last edited:
Back