Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hit on Speight was Egregious

He said he welcome others coaches to chime in and that Michigan needs to lead the way and improved our own stadium also for visitors.

Last edited:
huh. I knew of Iowa's pink locker room, and assumed most teams have crappy visitor areas, but I never gave it much thought beyond that.

the idea that you wouldn't at least provide a/c for the visitors, or that the medical care for visiting players - or lack thereof - might actually compromise a kid's safety is pretty shocking. curious now who the worst are, or how our facilities compare.

Purdue sounds like a real dump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the hit was bad seeing it in slow mo replay. Seeing it in real time, not so much. Speight was caught in a bad spot there. If Speight would have been leaning backward instead of forward, Speight is still playing. He got sandwiched. It was just an unfortunate circumstance.

I thought it was targeting at the time. I think i may have said it in the game thread. It for sure was late hit.

Last edited:
I agree with Jim. The hit on Speight came well after Speight was down, and defenseless. You don't hit a man when he is already down, no matter whether the whistle has been blown or not. And the hit was to the back of the head/neck area, and appears to me to be intentional, so that is targeting. I said so at the time in the game thread. It was clearly targeting and the Purdue player should have been tossed from the game. Between that play, the two other targeting calls that were upheld, and the late hit on TI (I think it was) after he had gone out of bounds, Purdue showed itself to be a dirty team. Unfortunately Speight got hurt, even though it may turn out to be a positive thing in terms of the offense. Never want to see a player get injured.

Back