Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan wins!!!

hungry

Well, that was kind of stressful for a while

The Michigan coaching staff sure called a lot of passing plays

Looks like a quarterback controversy in AA going into the bye week

I hope they never put Michigan on FOX again. Stupid baseball game and they showed way too many commercials. That was horrible. Then again, we didn't have Millen doing the game

It's Rivalry week!!! ( kind of)

Well, that was kind of stressful for a while

The Michigan coaching staff sure called a lot of passing plays

Looks like a quarterback controversy in AA going into the bye week

I hope they never put Michigan on FOX again. Stupid baseball game and they showed way too many commercials. That was horrible. Then again, we didn't have Millen doing the game

It's Rivalry week!!! ( kind of)

hey Kareem got some carries there at the end. i assume you're a pretty happy guy right now. :tup:

It was nice to see Kareem get some work at the end there.

Couple of significant things about this week's game. The Michigan D is for real. They had some adjustments to make early and they made them and dominated the second half. The offense seemed to come together under the leadership of OKorn at QB, who showed fairly good touch on his passes, scrambled out of a couple of tight spots to keep drives going, and even showed some grit in running for a first down and completing a pass for a TD while taking a significant hit. I hope Jimmy names him the starter, he deserves it. Hopefully, the offense can continue to improve and hit its full stride in the next couple of games.

It was nice to see Kareem get some work at the end there.

Waste of a scholarship so far. One day a 5 star back will capture the hearts of michigan fans!!!! Still hope for KW!!!! I think ?

Couple of things that concern me from yesterday's game. I really liked OKorn's play, but he throws into some pretty tight spots. He got away with it yesterday, but this may be a problem vs teams that are watching for it. Also, the pass blocking on some plays was atrocious, more so by the backs than the OL. This is going to get OKorn killed.

Agree about the pass blocking. I don't know how it's gotten this poor. One more reason why maybe O'Korn gives us a better chance with his scrambling ability.

Seemed to me that they changed the playcalling a lot when Kornball came in. It's just a theory, but I wonder if SPeight would've had more success with the playcalling they used with Kornball. They just try to do too much with Speight, I think.

It was very frustrating when they kept calling pass after pass after pass. i sure wish the run game was better.

I think the truth is in the middle somewhere Hungry.

My belief is that they have to keep the playcalling limited with Speight because he generally is limited. A lot of what Drevno was having O'Korn do was quick stuff moving around the pocket.

Harbaugh's a great coach, no doubt about it. But he saw something in Wilton that hasn't materialized at all. He needs to move on and give O'Korn the keys. The offense basically resembled a low-level MAC school, and O'Korn made them look pretty solid literally within a possession.

Seemed to me that they changed the playcalling a lot when Kornball came in. It's just a theory, but I wonder if SPeight would've had more success with the playcalling they used with Kornball. They just try to do too much with Speight, I think.

It was very frustrating when they kept calling pass after pass after pass. i sure wish the run game was better.

I don't think they did. I think it just looked different because john actually is decisive and uses a lot more receivers than Wilton. Even last year Speight is slow with his progressions and locks on to one receiver, he hasn't improved in that regard whatsoever.

I don't think they did. I think it just looked different because john actually is decisive and uses a lot more receivers than Wilton. Even last year Speight is slow with his progressions and locks on to one receiver, he hasn't improved in that regard whatsoever.
During the offseason I pointed out that I was concerned about Wilton not having his binky, Darboh. My concerns look to be legit. Probably too legit to quit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hopefully Okorn works out. I think it helps Okorn when you know you are not getting pulled after a play or 2 because of a mistake. Or that Speight is just shaking off a temporary inury. Okorn looked like a guy yesterday, given his amount of snaps, that he can make a mistake and take the team right down the field and recover from it. Speight had that ability..........last year. He canNOT make up his mind what he wants to do with the ball anymore. Before, he would just stare down receivers(still does) and throw it anyway(into triple coverage) come hell or high water. Now, he stares them down with indecisiveness. He has no check down ability at all. His checkdowns are late and late gets you intercepted or sacked. He just isnt there in the head.

During the offseason I pointed out that I was concerned about Wilton not having his binky, Darboh. My concerns look to be legit. Probably too legit to quit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Al. Last year I said speight would lose darboh and butt and was more concerns about that than defense

Oline is also issue

I als never like when backup abs get a couple of run plays and then are pulled.

I'm spring some were talking about okorn starting

A more mobile QB who actually throws the ball when guys are open.

And throws the ball so that the receivers can catch it rather than sailing it over their heads. OKorn's passes appeared to be much more on target than Speight's have all season. Much more on target, like night and day. And OKorn can scramble out of tight spots. I think the play that really showed the difference was the one where he was caught in the backfield and scrambled out of it to make a spot on pass down field, and pick up a first down. That was a turning point for the offense in the game, and maybe this season.

And throws the ball so that the receivers can catch it rather than sailing it over their heads. OKorn's passes appeared to be much more on target than Speight's have all season. Much more on target, like night and day. And OKorn can scramble out of tight spots. I think the play that really showed the difference was the one where he was caught in the backfield and scrambled out of it to make a spot on pass down field, and pick up a first down. That was a turning point for the offense in the game, and maybe this season.

I agree. Speight can avoid the rush, but he doesn't do anything with it. He can't scramble and he usually just holds onto the ball. He can't make an accurate pass while avoid the rush because his footwork is too poor. Footwork under pressure seems to be a bad habit of his that the staff just can't break.

Back