Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chase Winovich

As awesome as his sack total is, what has really shocked me is how well he's held up against the run. There are times when he just throws the blocker aside and completely snuffs a run out. I know PFF rated him one of the best returning run defenders, but I just didn't see it. Well there's no denying it now, he's an all around star.

Last edited:
Winovich is a beast. Non-stop motor that I love watching.

Gary and Hurst are as well. They are taking on double teams and tons of attention from opposing o-lines. It helps to allow Winovich do his thing. Couldn't ask for a better d-line.

this DL is well on their way to breaking the Michigan sack record.

#1 in team sacks in the NCAA right now

#1 in overall team defense as well. 5th in PED, 4th in rush D.

pretty neat! pretty neat!

M needs a spy on Lewerke and I nominate "Chase"

after week 2 when asked about defenses putting a spy on him he said something like "well, just one more guy open for me to throw to."

I wondered if this kid knows MSU is in the Big Ten, not the MAC? he got a rude awakening against ND.

only through 3 games, but FWIW MSU's defensive numbers are almost all very good; their offense is going to cost them wins. they SHOULD be playing very vanilla, ball control offense, and letting the other team make mistakes. instead they're giving the ball away left and right and putting their defense in bad spots

I don't know if it's completely attributed to the line play, but I think the secondary has been quietly doing their job well. It may have something to do with not going up against great QBs, but they haven't given up anything too wacky and have acquitted themselves nicely.

Back