Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Kobe Bufkin and Will Tschetter signed as well.

Frankie Collins is expected to sign today. That leaves Isaiah Barnes. He's expected to sign on Friday.

Last edited:
The more i see diabate, the more i think of chris webber in his freshman year.

Kobe Bufkin and Will Tschetter signed as well.

Frankie Collins is expected to sign today. That leaves Isaiah Barnes. He's expected to sign on Friday.

gotta love the Chicago pipeline Big Nook has. Simeon, Chicago Vocational (or whatever it is now) ...let's go!

2022 4-Star PG Dug McDaniel has committed. Undersized PG, but great at making plays for others. Good shooter as well. 247 ranks him as the #52 prospect overall and he's #81 in their composite rankings.

https://247sports.com/player/dug-mcdaniel-46079207/

Phenom Hoop Report (June 2021):

There are certain players who simply possess that ?it? factor, and arguably no one in attendance embodied this trait more than Dug McDaniel. Having previously seen him on the MADE circuit as an eighth-grader, it?s clear that McDaniel has really embraced his identity and continually expounded on his foundation as an electric, dynamic floor general. Opposing coaches are signing a death wish upon only sending one defender to contain him, as he?s going to sharply and aggressively get wherever he wants on the floor. His combination of IQ, quickness, and vision is truly incredible and in a class of its own. McDaniel is easily among the most explosive open-floor players in the country, and will consistently amp up the tempo to breakneck speeds?which only continues to make him a nightmare for opponents. No angle is inaccessible for him. McDaniel?s ability to touch the paint at will and locate the best possible shot makes him the perfect floor general for a talent-laden roster like Team Takeover. That being said, he also led and carried the scoring load for numerous stretches. McDaniel can get to the rim and finish, but also hits perimeter jumpers at a high percentage. He possesses great defensive instincts and actually utilizes his lack of size to his advantage to mirror opposing ball-handlers. It?s understandable as to why so many high-level programs are involved, as McDaniel is special.

Some highlights here https://www.maizenbrew.com/2021/6/1...eres-how-dug-mcdaniel-can-help-the-wolverines

He's so quick and stays on his man like glue.

Last edited:
I really hope Dug grows 2 more inches, so we don't have to hear about how short he is all of the time. He's like 16 years old. I grew until I was 20.

I really hope Dug grows 2 more inches, so we don't have to hear about how short he is all of the time. He's like 16 years old. I grew until I was 20.

Next iteration of Rickey Green?

I think that's already happened a bit. Seen a few blurbs out there that people in the program say he's taller than Mike Smith.

4-Star Tarris Reed commits! He's fresh off tearing up the Peach Jam, which showcases most of the best prospects in the country. Currently 71st ranked overall, but he's due for a big bump.

Rivals notes that Reed broke out at the Peach Jam and ?showcased a diverse offensive game that was filled with face-up jumpers, rip throughs and finishes, and back to the basket footwork and touch? and that ?he will be in conversations for a big bump in our next 2022 Rivals150 update.

No post about our newest commit? Dude is our highest rated recruit in years. I think #23 in the country

Damn this is a good signing . Can?t wait to watch some highlights when I get home .

Back