Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is the forum giving away prizes?

Thumb

The membership has exploded lately, seems as many as 10 new people a day last few weeks. None of which seem to be contributing posters, or actually return after registering.

What gives? Are they just data mining us? NSA moles? Illuminati?

The membership has exploded lately, seems as many as 10 new people a day last few weeks. None of which seem to be contributing posters, or actually return after registering.

What gives? Are they just data mining us? NSA moles? Illuminati?

As far as we can tell automated spam bots of some kind..

As far as we can tell automated spam bots of some kind..

Pretty sophisticated bot if it can register itself on the forum, fill out all the required data, and come up with usernames that don't seem computer generated.

Yep, spambots. Nothing new at all, all forums get them these days.

Pretty sophisticated bot if it can register itself on the forum, fill out all the required data, and come up with usernames that don't seem computer generated.

These days bots are quite sophisticated..

These days bots are quite sophisticated..

Just like those replicants. Also the terminators in John Conner's future world.

Those weird looking serpent like creations that were storming the ship at the end of the Matrix were pretty bomb ass futuristic too.

Just like those replicants. Also the terminators in John Conner's future world.

Those weird looking serpent like creations that were storming the ship at the end of the Matrix were pretty bomb ass futuristic too.

And those tripods from War of the Worlds..

We went from around 765-770 to 830 in a few days and I posted to the other mods and the Admin about it in the private forum back on Sept 7th. The high was about 905. Now it dropped back to 770 something last night. This morning back up to 795-796 and a few had posted that rambling type long paragraph with links in them. I gave them the one touch ban.

I got pm'd by someone seeing if I was interested in mindreading and the message had some link in it which I didn't click. I did not recognize the username, but didn't really do any detective work beyond that.

I guess this forum needed more "peutery"

Last edited:
I thought that taxedo guy was banned awhile ago. In the last few days we went back down to 780 and now are back up to 880ish with these damn bot things.

Yeah ink...that's the username! I guess their mindreading skills are lacking as they should have known I wouldn't be interested.

Taxedo has these PM's he's been sending for awhile but I don't even see his name on the members list.

Last edited:
Back