Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions - Team Notes

The ?Snacks effect? is real based on these grades.
Damon Harrison?s arrival resulted in some huge grade improvements, per PFF.

If you needed any more proof that there was a big change in the Lions defense after the Damon ?Snacks? Harrison trade, here?s your latest dose.

Pro Football Focus tweeted over the weekend the Lions? team grade and the run defense before and after Snacks arrived in Detroit for Week 8.

Here are the differences between before/after the Damon ?Snacks? Harrison trade...

overall team grade Weeks 1-7: 62.5 (30th)
Run D Weeks 1-7: 69.0 (26th)

overall team grade Weeks 8-17: 80.2 (12th)
Run D Weeks 8-17: 91.7 (2nd)

The ?Snacks? effect is a real thing. #OnePride

According to PFF, the Lions? overall team grade was 30th before Harrison (Weeks 1-7) and 12th after Snacks joined the team (Weeks 8-17.) There are a number of factors involved in that, so the run defense numbers, where Snacks? impact is more evident, is the key here. The Lions ranked 26th in run defense before he arrived and jumped all the way up to second after he began playing in Detroit.

Harrison recorded 31 stops after his arrival, including six in his very first game, which tied him for the most run stops in a single game this season. That was against the Seahawks, who led the league in rushing yards. PFF goes into more detail here.

Despite the good grades, Snacks hasn?t been feeling the love in his mentions.

Damon Harrison Sr. ✔@snacks
Y?all wake up every day and talk about this contract shit. Giants fans tweet me every day about how much of a bum I am and how they glad I?m gone lol...I?m not bothering either one of y?all..bout to start blocking folks so I can enjoy tweeting supporters again.

By contract, he of course means the deal he wants to work out with the Lions. Harrison?s been skipping voluntary OTAs and there?s been some speculation it?s related to contract negotiations, but general manager Bob Quinn has said that?s not the case. Either way, he?s not pleased.

POD

Back