Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Celebrity Deaths

Ok. Sure.

Lost = Gilligan's Isle
Bicentennial Man = Short Circuit

I never watched Lost and I didn't know it was (or is if it's still on) a comedy.

The other two I don't think I've even heard of.

Same here.

I do have an ex-gf who, along with her dumb roommate, was obsessed with Lost, so I feel safe assuming its shit. Gilligan's Island was a classic though.

Same here.

I do have an ex-gf who, along with her dumb roommate, was obsessed with Lost, so I feel safe assuming its shit. Gilligan's Island was a classic though.

Lost was pretty successful and critically acclaimed. There were a LOT of characters, some of whom were played by big name actors; and a number of whom that apparently must have come and gone - which is ironic since I thought they were all supposed to be trapped on an island.

The promos gave me the impression that watching the show would be like taking a part time job for no money, and no auxiliary remuneration like doing volunteer work for a worthy cause.

I never watched Lost and I didn't know it was (or is if it's still on) a comedy.

The other two I don't think I've even heard of.

Lost was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island. Instead of a rich husband & wife it was a pair of rich siblings, instead of a movie star it was a rock star, instead of a professor it was a fertility doctor...but, you know, same show. Weird stuff would inexplicably appear on the island to give them something to do for another episode.

Bicentennial Man was Robin Williams as a robot becoming sentient. Short Circuit was another robot becoming sentient movie. Same as I Robot, I guess.

Lost was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island. Instead of a rich husband & wife it was a pair of rich siblings, instead of a movie star it was a rock star, instead of a professor it was a fertility doctor...but, you know, same show. Weird stuff would inexplicably appear on the island to give them something to do for another episode.

In Lost did they have indigenous island natives who appeared from time to time and were dressed and acted like the traditional racist Hollywood caricature of the Native American, like happened in Gilligan's Island?

Those were always the funniest episodes.

In Lost did they have indigenous island natives who appeared from time to time and were dressed and acted like the traditional racist Hollywood caricature of the Native American, like happened in Gilligan's Island?

Those were always the funniest episodes.

There was a group that was there before them, but they weren't racist caricatures. There was a group before that group too, but they were from Ann Arbor.

Guy who played the chaplain on MASH died... I think he was the last celebrity to die in 2016.

Back