Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UConn Girls win 100 in row

biggunsbob

Uconn goes for win number 100 in a row.will be in ESPN2 when this texas at fsu game gets over . Heading to double ot.

Last edited:
Calling it with a minute to go. Next closest streak is Texas with 19 in a row. It would be in the 140's if they had not lost at Stanford
a few years ago in ot.

Last edited:
The thing with girls basketball has been the same for a very long time, competitiveness. It might be better now but there are only so many teams that have a shot at a title.

No there aren't. There's one team that has a shot, UCONN.

I know people think dominance is good for a sport, I don't. It gets boring.

I give no credibility to this record. It's like an NBA team playing vs college teams.

That's silly. You cannot fault them for being a dominant program.

I don't think anyone here is doing that comparison. For this era of women's college basketball, they are legendary. And you have to give them tons of respect for that.

All good streaks come to a end and so will UConn's . Quite a accomplishment by them but I will be rooting for Michigan to be in the furthest bracket possible from the Huskies !!!

I don't think anyone here is doing that comparison. For this era of women's college basketball, they are legendary. And you have to give them tons of respect for that.

no I don't. The coach is a classless asshole and they are playing with virtually no competition.

He's classless because... He yells a lot and isn't the nicest guy in the world? You are really digging around the barrel to find reasons to diminish.

FYI, they hadn't won 100 games before he showed up to the program. 100 straight now. Is it his fault there's not competition? This isn't UCLA in the 60s when you had 8 teams and two of them were Santa Clara and St. Mary's. The playing field has every reason to be level, he's not cheating any system.

Back