Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Federer/Nadal

jwlcosu

Going at it again today in Miami Open final. 1:00 Eastern on ESPN 2. If not doing anything do yourself a favor and watch these two all-time greats battle yet again. Both guys are quickly running out of time and yet somehow they are back at the top.

To put it into perspective, I saw Roddick play Jim Courier and James Blake play McEnroe in a senior event recently. Roddick and Blake are both younger than Roger.

Fed wins 3 and 4. Level of play jaw-dropping. Fortunate to be able to witness the careers of these guys. It's like watching Jordan.

Give me Connors, and McEnroe, and Borg. Now that was the best time in Tennis..

Give me Connors, and McEnroe, and Borg. Now that was the best time in Tennis..

That was great stuff, no doubt. Watching those guys is what turned me into a tennis player and fan for life. But even McEnroe says Federer is the GOAT.

Last edited:
That was great stuff, no doubt. Watching those guys is what turned me into a tennis player and fan for life. But even McEnroe says Federer is the GOAT.

I watched a bit of years after those 3 I mentioned - some Agassi, Courier (Big serve, right?) and the other guy. I also liked watching Chris Evert and Navratilova, and I did watch some of Graf-Selas. Haven't watched Tennis in such a long time..

I watched a bit of years after those 3 I mentioned - some Agassi, Courier (Big serve, right?) and the other guy. I also liked watching Chris Evert and Navratilova, and I did watch some of Graf-Selas. Haven't watched Tennis in such a long time..

Big serve guy you are thinking about is probably Sampras. He is also high on the list of greats.

Big serve guy you are thinking about is probably Sampras. He is also high on the list of greats.

That's it, Sampras. He had some good matches vs Agassi. They seemed to play a lot in their careers..

That's it, Sampras. He had some good matches vs Agassi. They seemed to play a lot in their careers..

Yep, they were the bridge between McEnroe and company and Federer/Nadal. And American men's tennis has been pretty poor ever since.

Poor? It's been non-existent.

They haven't won a major since Roddick won the US Open in 2003 and haven't returned to a semi since Roddick lost the Wimbledon final in 2009.

Some bad luck with Fish being injured/sick all the time, Blake never panning out, Isner being incredibly limited. There are a lot of stars on the horizon, but I don't see any of them winning a major for another 4-5 years at least.

Back