Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Taylor Decker has shoulder surgery, rehab, returns to practice Nov. 1

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...-surgery/abcfb7d8-b779-4b87-8f1b-de48804466a3
Decker on road to recovery after shoulder surgery.
Lions.com

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...ecker-undergoes-shoulder-surgery-no-timetable
Taylor Decker undergoes surgery for injured shoulder; season in question.
The Lions sophomore tackle injured his shoulder in practice last week, but Caldwell doesn’t think it will impact season outlook.
PrideOfDetroit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ulder-surgery-could-miss-regular-season-time/
Taylor Decker had shoulder surgery, could miss regular season time.
PFT

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-c...-absence/46b8426b-69d5-4195-83bb-9d6fba1fbce6
Webvideo Lions working on plan for OL in Decker’s absence.
Tori Petry reports on Taylor Decker's injury and who could replace him while he's out.
Lions.com

The rest of the news links are in the Lions team notes thread.

Last edited:
Ehhh , he might miss a game or two , next man up !! Someoen is hungry for that spot so i dont expect it to affect us too much

Ehhh , he might miss a game or two , next man up !! Someoen is hungry for that spot so i dont expect it to affect us too much

We better hope it's a game or 2, bro. If not, Corey Robinson is the guy right now. That's disastrous. I like Dahl but as a Guard, even though he is versatile.
What about Wagner? He played some LT in Baltimore I think. Can't remember....

Yeah, a bad LT only affected the Lions for ever since I can remember, and having a good LT isn't important.

3 months is sept 6th. Sept 10 is opener. Hopefully he doesn't go on pup and miss 6 games. Would be back week 8 for pit game after week 7 bye. Pit game is oct 29. That would be just shy of five months. 6 months would be missing 11 games, back for at baltimore

Last edited:
3 months is sept 6th. Sept 10 is opener. Hopefully he doesn't go on pup and miss 6 games. Would be back week 8 for pit game after week 7 bye. Pit game is oct 29. That would be just shy of five months. 6 months would be missing 11 games, back for at baltimore

I don't think we can assume he'll just plug right back in there after missing the entire camp and pre season and be like nothing happened though, it's likely this will hurt for the majority of the season

We go from "depth everywhere" to "season over" with 1 ota injury lol. Blaming injuries every year simply means there's no depth on this team.

We go from "depth everywhere" to "season over" with 1 ota injury lol. Blaming injuries every year simply means there's no depth on this team.

Our STARTING LT just went down. Don't act like this is minor. You don't just plug in a backup LT and say everything is set. It don't work that way.
I don't think the season is over but this could be disastrous for this team.

Everyone is very high on Wagner and Lang, which hopefully means they hold down their guy on their own. You can help LT more until Decker comes back. If it looks like significant time, perhaps give Clady a look. Yes he is injured often, but is a former All Pro LT.

Good news is it is June. If management and coaching staff can't figure this one out in that amount of time, we have bigger issues than a LT missing some games.

Last edited:
Everyone is very high on Wagner and Lang, which hopefully means they hold down their guy on their own. You can help LT more until Decker comes back. If it looks like significant time, perhaps give Clady a look. Yes he is injured often, but is a former All Pro LT.

Good news is it is June. If management and coaching staff can't figure this one out in that amount of time, we have bigger issues than a LT missing some games.

It should 100% be figured out. Move Wagner over to LT, Dahl or Robinson at RT. OR....you grab a LT still floating around in free agency. I'd rather they go option (A) and stay within the team players. Guys in free agency are still out there for a reason. Time will tell...

It should 100% be figured out. Move Wagner over to LT, Dahl or Robinson at RT. OR....you grab a LT still floating around in free agency. I'd rather they go option (A) and stay within the team players. Guys in free agency are still out there for a reason. Time will tell...

The one thing I don't want to happen is weakening two positions by trying to fix one. Wagner is an elite RT, I doubt he can be an Elite LT, perhaps he would only be an Average LT. I would rather have an Elite Right side, with below average LT, then an average LT, with an average to below average RT as well.

Ideally fixing it internally would be best. But if these FA guys are indeed better than current options I would bring them in. Yes they are not signed for a reason, but it would also probably means they won't command tons of money.

If they don't at least bring some in for a look that tells me they don't think Decker would be out for more than a couple games.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/06/lions_will_host_cyrus_kouandji.html#incart_river_index
Lions to host OT Cyrus Kouandjio in search of Taylor Decker's fill-in.
Mlive

Kouandjio, 23, started seven of his 25 games during an injury-riddled three-year stint with the Bills. The 6-foot-7-inch, 322-pounder was their second-round pick out of Alabama in 2014, but the team released him in late May,
four months after he underwent hip surgery and one after an incident in which police found him roaming a field in his underwear.

The one thing I don't want to happen is weakening two positions by trying to fix one. Wagner is an elite RT, I doubt he can be an Elite LT, perhaps he would only be an Average LT. I would rather have an Elite Right side, with below average LT, then an average LT, with an average to below average RT as well.

Ideally fixing it internally would be best. But if these FA guys are indeed better than current options I would bring them in. Yes they are not signed for a reason, but it would also probably means they won't command tons of money.

If they don't at least bring some in for a look that tells me they don't think Decker would be out for more than a couple games.

All I know is that Stafford needs his blindside protected the most.

They already said Wagner was not moving. Things could change but it's probably Dahl or a free agent.

Robinson is hurt too still. So top tackle and top backup.

Does this mean Matt goes for the 1 yard pass instead of the 3 yard pass?

They already said Wagner was not moving. Things could change but it's probably Dahl or a free agent.

Robinson is hurt too still. So top tackle and top backup.

What they say and what they do are 2 different things. I don't trust one single FA LT out there...

Back