Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

God used to be married

Michchamp

Check this out (link):

Before the Israelite god Yahweh really made it big, a bevy of other deities shared the stage with him, among them a fertility goddess named Asherah. So says theologian Francesca Stavrakopoulou, host of the 2011 BBC series you evidently saw, called Bible's Buried Secrets. And that much is largely accepted by historians. Nor is Stavrakopoulou alone in claiming that Yahweh (in some form) and Asherah were at one point an item, worshipped side by side, though this is a matter of more contention

link has a longer discussion about what happened. basically as Judaism made the switch from a polytheistic religion to a monotheistic one, most of teh other gods and goddesses got written out of the script, with their powers being given to their main god, "God" himself. this included his purported wife-goddess.

I was curious what kind of she-goddess god would be into, so I did an image search for Asherah... no pics exist, but judging from the primitive figurines of her found in abundance, she was... eh... well endowed. which is probably not surprising.

I was curious what kind of she-goddess god would be into, so I did an image search for Asherah... no pics exist, but judging from the primitive figurines of her found in abundance, she was... eh... well endowed. which is probably not surprising.

Well mythology is laden with her she goddesses and they are all into different shit.

As, as far as I know, the boards sole self-declared pagan, I am qualified to tell you all the Truth about Ashera.

She is a total submissive pain slut.

Bondage, blindfold, red ball mouth gag, total humiliation.

Ashera is totally into all that shit.

She loves that shit.

Back