Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Our Christian Nation and healthcare

Michchamp

"A pair of Manhattan parents struggling to pay their doctor's bills jumped to their deaths early Friday - leaving double suicide notes pleading that their two kids be cared for, a law enforcement source told The Post." Link.

Well... the market decided, right? Defining "the market" narrowly to include only the profitability of health insurers, pharmaceuticals, and big hospitals, and exclude "negative externalties and the costs the rest of society bears" this is an efficient outcome, and that's what matters, as I understand it.

(health insurance execs and lobbyists have their fingers crossed now repeating "gambling debts or drug debts... please let it turn out to have been gambling debts or drug debts.")

This is a common occurance.

Nobody gave a fuck before, nobody gives a fuck now.

Still, I appreciate the hilarity of your propaganda.

"A pair of Manhattan parents struggling to pay their doctor's bills jumped to their deaths early Friday - leaving double suicide notes pleading that their two kids be cared for, a law enforcement source told The Post." Link.

Well... the market decided, right? Defining "the market" narrowly to include only the profitability of health insurers, pharmaceuticals, and big hospitals, and exclude "negative externalties and the costs the rest of society bears" this is an efficient outcome, and that's what matters, as I understand it.

(health insurance execs and lobbyists have their fingers crossed now repeating "gambling debts or drug debts... please let it turn out to have been gambling debts or drug debts.")

I don't see anything about doctor's bills. Looks to me they were living outside their means. What a pair of spineless assholes.

A few items from the article:

The couple, described by several friends as warm, doting parents, leaves two children ? Joseph, 19, and Isabella, 20 ? who recently graduated from the Upper East Side?s Loyola HS, where tuition is nearly $38,000 a year.

But one lien against from September showed the couple owed $23,304 in federal taxes, while another in April 2015 indicated a $232,295 debt.

n 2013, the feds took legal action against Scarpelli for failing to pay back a nearly $60,000 student loan he took out in 2000 while studying at the Logan College of Chiropractic in Chesterfield, Mo.

Noel McDermott, who owns Beckett?s Bar & Grill, which was near their office, described them as ?great parents.?

?They were always with their kids,? he said. ?They were genuinely down-to-earth, happy-go-lucky people.?

?This horrific event has left their two children, Isabella and Joseph, without the love, support and guidance of their loving parents,?

Back