Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

?I am the world?s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

Gulo Blue

?I am the world?s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...eb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.5c52ab45436b

Notes from Trump's first talks with Mexico's President. This guy is not playing 4-D chess. He's not even playing checkers.

?On the wall, you and I both have a political problem,? Trump said. ?My people stand up and say, ?Mexico will pay for the wall,? and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language.?

Trump seemed to acknowledge that his threats to make Mexico pay had left him cornered politically. ?I have to have Mexico pay for the wall ? I have to,? he said. ?I have been talking about it for a two-year period.?

To solve that problem, Trump pressured Pe?a Nieto to suppress the issue. When pressed on who would pay for the wall, ?We should both say, ?We will work it out.? It will work out in the formula somehow,? Trump said. ?As opposed to you saying, ?We will not pay,? and me saying, ?We will not pay.? ?

Pe?a Nieto resisted, saying that Trump?s repeated threats had placed ?a very big mark on our back, Mr. President.? He warned that ?my position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for the wall.?

Trump objected: ?But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that, and I cannot live with that.?

Searching for an exit, Pe?a Nieto reiterated that the border plan ?is an issue related to the dignity of Mexico and goes to the national pride of my country? but agreed to ?stop talking about the wall.?

I'm really close to just giving up and sticking my head in the sand. My brain hurts when I read this shit.

"I just wanted to very simply – and with a high level of precision – we put on a border tariff so that products coming in from Mexico to the United States would be taxed at a rate to be determined. But you know, it could be 10 percent or 15 percent or it could be 35 percent for some products that, for example, are jobs ripped from their foundation and moved to Mexico. Most would be in the 10 to 15 percent range. That would make us very even with Mexico and it would make a lot of sense. Now, Mexico may in turn try to do something like that to us. Since we have such a deficit, it gives us the advantage. In addition, I was going to very strongly say this to Mexico and other countries – that everything is reciprocal. So if Mexico adds a tax, we will add a tax."

very next breath..

"We have a country that has been led by people who have no business understanding. "

Yes because nothing will be better for American businesses than paying increased prices for the Mexican parts that we use to manufacture products! What a genius!

Why the fuck does this moron always feel the need to tell everyone that he's the best at something? I mean, at least he said that Abraham Lincoln was more presidential than him. That's modesty.

I'm so sick of this shit. His administration has a higher turnover rate than McDonalds. He calls the media "fake news" and to be honest, they sometimes earn that title, but every time a report comes out about him and he calls it fake news, it always ends up being true and he or someone close to him was trying to cover it up.

Fuck this guy. If he goes 2 full terms, this country is fucked. Somebody primary this asshat.

Reading through the Australian call..

Australian PM - "Vet them, you don't have to take anyone" "Vet them, you don't have to take anyone" "Vet them, you don't have to take anyone" "Vet them, you don't have to take anyone"

Trump - "Suppose I vet them closely and I do not take any?"

Just truly fucking retarded.

Why the fuck does this moron always feel the need to tell everyone that he's the best at something? I mean, at least he said that Abraham Lincoln was more presidential than him. That's modesty.

I'm so sick of this shit. His administration has a higher turnover rate than McDonalds. He calls the media "fake news" and to be honest, they sometimes earn that title, but every time a report comes out about him and he calls it fake news, it always ends up being true and he or someone close to him was trying to cover it up.

Fuck this guy. If he goes 2 full terms, this country is fucked. Somebody primary this asshat.

What I hate is that "fake news" is now an accepted and commonly used term. I'm sure it was used prior to Trump, but I always associated it with him and his propaganda efforts. Now that everyone uses it and legitimizes it, we're one step closer to the end game of nobody trusting anything they hear, allowing the government to sell whatever they want with impunity.

"I know how to build very inexpensively, so it will be much lower than these numbers I am being presented with, and it will be a better wall and it will look nice. And it will do the job."

I think he thinks he'll just refuse to pay contractors until the courts make him or they agree to a lesser amount of money to avoid court. Part of me wants to see what would happen to the military industrial complex if everyone thought the government wouldn't pay off its contractual debts.

Last edited:
What I hate is that "fake news" is now an accepted and commonly used term. I'm sure it was used prior to Trump, but I always associated it with him and his propaganda efforts. Now that everyone uses it and legitimizes it, we're one step closer to the end game of nobody trusting anything they hear, allowing the government to sell whatever they want with impunity.

Well, the thing is that Fake News was a label put on these "Scarlett Johannson dead at 30 years old" fake articles that were to just create a buzz and make quick cash for scammers. Then, it started getting political and there were very clear stories that were being invented to help sway public opinion. It happened both for and against both parties and was a bit out of control for a while. And now anybody who dares speak against Trump is labeled as Fake News.

"I will say with you representing Mexico and me representing the United States we will have a good agreement and we will almost become the fathers of our country – almost not quite okay?"

He has no idea that he's going to go down as one of the biggest clowns in American history.

Last edited:
Well, the thing is that Fake News was a label put on these "Scarlett Johannson dead at 30 years old" fake articles that were to just create a buzz and make quick cash for scammers. Then, it started getting political and there were very clear stories that were being invented to help sway public opinion. It happened both for and against both parties and was a bit out of control for a while. And now anybody who dares speak against Trump is labeled as Fake News.

Yeah, I understand, I didn't flesh out my comment very well. I'm aware of the fake celebrity crap, but to me the start was with the fabricated anti-Hilary/democrat stories (now believed to be pushed by the Russians, possibly with the help of Kushner and his digital targeting campaign) that morons on facebook spread as the truth.

That's the first time I heard the term "fake news" used in any substantive way, and that's when Trump co-opted it and started labeling anything and everything that was negative towards him as such. Now when I hear the term used in mainstream media and conversation it seems that the line is beginning to blur between truly fabricated reporting and just poor reporting or even fair reporting but on a complicated subject. So the more accepted the term becomes, the more likely people are to disbelieve at the same rate - or equate - completely made up bs and regular old news.

What's so incredibly bizarre about everything so far under this presidency is how he watches Fox & Friends in the morning and RT and tweets based on their content while at the same time always describing the NYTimes as the "failing" or "very sad" paper. CNN, MSNBC ...he's always talking about ratings or alleging "failure" like he can't help but insult those who simply are reporting the news.

Trump tweets something - media and public react to it - Huckabee or Spicer then changes the story, clarifies and spins and REPEAT. It's simply so unPresidential. And then when almost ANYTHING comes up related to the ongoing Russia investigation, the response is always, "Yeah, well what about the Clinton emails" or some other unrelated defense tactic.

I shared before that I saw a NY Times Magazine editor speak who spent a week with the Trump campaign. He said that when on the Trump plane or in hotels, that all Don did was watch cable news ...didn't matter what channel, he'd flip around until he found one of them covering HIM. He said Trump was absolutely obsessed with the media coverage of him - camera angles, to his tie and hair - all of it. And that he'd often ask those in the room if they thought that CNN made him 'look bad' or if Fox was really helping him like they should be, rather than the other GOP candidates.

Personally I think he's mentally unstable and has lead a very cush life, all of which was given to him and after seven decades of being Donald Trump, that he actually believes he's all the things he claims to be.

He's not a successful business man. He's not a self-made man. He's not a man of respect, humility or the Church ...he's a narcissistic jerk and a bully and hubris has taken control.

There ...all my thoughts and no swearing!

You all act so surprised that Trump is not "presidential." I was not expecting some sort of metamorphosis. The guy is proof that anyone with enough money can be president.

You all act so surprised that Trump is not "presidential." I was not expecting some sort of metamorphosis. The guy is proof that anyone with enough money can be president.

He's not "professional" or "respectful" either. Mitt Romney - a "businessman" with more success than Trump (2002 Winter Olympics, anyone?) had all those attributes as did NY Mayor Bloomberg.

He's not "professional" or "respectful" either. Mitt Romney - a "businessman" with more success than Trump (2002 Winter Olympics, anyone?) had all those attributes as did NY Mayor Bloomberg.

Surprised-animated-SpockSurprised.gif

Spock learns that president Trump is not what he expected.

Trump is doing a far better job than I expected.

Perhaps ya'll set your expectations too high.

Trump is doing a far better job than I expected.

Perhaps ya'll set your expectations too high.

I expected to be mocked by the world for having such an oddball leader. But i also expected him to be less selfish and focusing more on jobs. I expected him to act like an adult and keep knowledgeable people around him. I expected less lies than a Clinton, but he's been worse. I expected him not to get into a dick measuring contest with that fat fuck in North Korea. I expected him not to trust Putin more than our longtime allies. Seriously, my expectations weren't too high at all and he has underperformed.

Trump is beyond the worst president ever. It is and will not even be close when this horrific term or terms is over. They way the Gop has elections gerrymandered democrats basically have to have 2 voters for every 1 Republican it seems nowadays sadly to win seats.

Back