Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions vs. Patriots Preseason Game 3 Thread August 25, 2017

They held to fg, forced Brady led to punt then picked off Brady. They got it together against him finally

Amendoal made a crazy catch to extend third td drive

Offense scored first td against pats first string. Second td was against second stringers to start 3rd

And good to stop jimmy g a lot. He has talent too. 2nd round pick and whatnot

But the 2nd half surge, if that's what you want to call it, didn't have their best guy out their. No Brady, no long drives - less offensive time for us. 2nd half.. 1st half was shit.

Oh look!!! The Umbrella Squad is bitching and moaning over a preseason game lol.

Oh look!!! The Umbrella Squad is bitching and moaning over a preseason game lol.

If they won 40-zip you'd be the first to say how great the are.

iu

iu

Not a chance, you simpleton lol. I don't care about preseason games like I used to. Health is key now. Why would you get it though? Your brain is a loaf of bread...

Not a chance, you simpleton lol. I don't care about preseason games like I used to. Health is key now. Why would you get it though? Your brain is a loaf of bread...

Better than your brain made of plastic..

Still watching game on replay , just scored to make it 24-21 ....let me guess we suck , stafford blows and our defense sucks , who cares if we came back cause its just scrubs now .......did i get it right ??

My observations are ......first team defense has alot of work to be done . Davis cant defend a TE if his life depending on it haha , but he can sure play the run . Which im good with , cause you can teach the pass defense and he will get better . Can't believe Edelman is out for season , no words as to how bad that is for them . AA looked good , he ran hard and made some nice plays . Stafford was good , made some throws so im excited about that. All in all a decent game . Offense was good but defense was ehhhh ???!!!

Still watching game on replay , just scored to make it 24-21 ....let me guess we suck , stafford blows and our defense sucks , who cares if we came back cause its just scrubs now .......did i get it right ??

:tup:

Couldn't think of a better time. That kind of experience is pretty hard to come by in year 1.

Two running plays up the middle for little or no gain, an incomplete sideline pass yds behind the LoS....punt with little time taken off the clock after the 2 min warning....who drew that sure to fail scheme up?

Last edited:

iu

So basically you're admitting that even if a team wins by a ridiculous amount that the preseason really does mean nothing with that statement. So, why is it meaningless if they look great? But it is doom and gloom if they look bad?

So basically you're admitting that even if a team wins by a ridiculous amount that the preseason really does mean nothing with that statement. So, why is it meaningless if they look great? But it is doom and gloom if they look bad?

Exactly lol.

So why didn't we try and get Harris at linebacker ? Seems like the Patriots always find guys at the end if thier career that play great for a year or two !! I need to watch the replay. I saw we were way down and let wife have the tv then she said the Lions rook the lead and I turned them on only to see the the Patriots do what the Patriots do in the last few minutes. WiN!

Just one super bowl win is all I ask for !!!

That's not what I said. I said they looked like crap.. because, well.. they did. Meaningless game but nonetheless, crap. He mentions that's all about 'doom and gloom' and I mentioned if it was the other way he would be the first to fist pump about it.. If they did play great, I would have said they did. It's meaningless either way.. Need to read the context of the posts.

Back