Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 138 Tigers vs. Royals Sept 5, 2017

Too bad that most of the Tigers pitching sucks, these young kids might be able to play spoilers for the rest of the season.

Don't get to favorite he'll be moved in the off season

I hope not. He's a really good defensive SS, sneaky power and RISP .927 OPS for '17. And he's relatively cheap. He's only 27.. I don't get why they'd want to trade him.

I hope not. He's a really good defensive SS, sneaky power and RISP .927 OPS for '17. And he's relatively cheap. He's only 27.. I don't get why they'd want to trade him.

I think that he is safe until the trade deadline next season, but they could move him in the offseason.

I think that he is safe until the trade deadline next season, but they could move him in the offseason.

I know we traded for some INF any play short? Hopefully he's here for awhile. His biggest fault, BB - few. But at least he doesn't strikeout much.

If he isn't in their long term plans they might as well get rid of him prior to him hitting FA. From what I have heard, they don't feel there is much of a dropoff with Machado, and doesn't hit free agency until 2023.

I know we traded for some INF any play short? Hopefully he's here for awhile. His biggest fault, BB - few. But at least he doesn't strikeout much.

Depends upon Chris Ilitch and how far that they will go to gut payroll, he will be a FA after '18, if they go to arb this offseason.

If he isn't in their long term plans they might as well get rid of him prior to him hitting FA. From what I have heard, they don't feel there is much of a dropoff with Machado, and doesn't hit free agency until 2023.

Maybe, but I'd let Machado man 2B, and Keep Iggy at SS.

Tigers go up bigly, only THEN does the BP become stingy.

And IMO, full blown rebuilds never work. Gotta keep some vets.

Caring about the fanbase died with Mike, don't think that Chris has his dad's passion and blank checkbook.

Caring about the fanbase died with Mike, don't think that Chris has his dad's passion and blank checkbook.

I saw an article the other day about CI having the same passion as his Dad and will continue what his Dad was working for. Not sure what that means.. I mean what else was he going to say. Though you're probably right..

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/detroit-tigers/yearly/payroll/
Spotrac

Iggy is making 4.1 M and up for arbitration. trade candidate.
Sanchez will be bought out for 5 M.
Kinsler 2018 club option includes $5 million buyout, or trade if he agrees to team and team probably has to extend for another year.
If Miggy goes, they only high priced contracts would be Victor and Zimmermann.

Back