Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is curse of Bobby Layne real ?

biggunsbob

Back then adding inflation 50 years is like 120 years now.

That's what I thought too lol !!!

The only "curse" was WCF, and now he is pushing up the daisies.

Not gonna see a SB appeearance, much less a championship overnight as a result, obviously.

Damn you! Now LKP will have another excuse

Concentrated injuries
Wind
Snow
Rain
Refs
Drops

....wait for it...

CURSES!

We’ve made a commitment, in a couple of different ways I don’t want to get into, on the way we’ve gone about doing things. We hope that we’ve made some breakthroughs, made some improvements in the way our guys catch the ball moving forward.“I think we’ve cut our lack of catches in half from last (offseason). We’re doing better in training camp. Our guys are doing a better job and I’m doing a better job coaching it, along with our other coaches. Sometimes, it’s a bit fluky, sometimes there’s good reasons you don’t catch passes. We’re trying to work on those good reasons.”

Jim Bob Cooter on drops. Called them a bit fluky

We?ve made a commitment, in a couple of different ways I don?t want to get into, on the way we?ve gone about doing things. We hope that we?ve made some breakthroughs, made some improvements in the way our guys catch the ball moving forward.?I think we?ve cut our lack of catches in half from last (offseason). We?re doing better in training camp. Our guys are doing a better job and I?m doing a better job coaching it, along with our other coaches. Sometimes, it?s a bit fluky, sometimes there?s good reasons you don?t catch passes. We?re trying to work on those good reasons.?

Jim Bob Cooter on drops. Called them a bit fluky

We cut our drops in half because Ebron hasn't been in practice.

I remember early in the season people calling out Cooter for his play calling, dinking and dunking. At the end of season we were still dinking and dunking yet Cooter is now a hero.

1957 team says the team is jinxed.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...e-of-bobby-layne-1957-championship/629831001/

Also here is a 8 minute recap of the 1957 season starting with game game 4's amazing comback verses the Colts . It has some great color videos then it cuts off at the end and the guy wants you to buy the rest. I have not cnecked out the rest but these 8 minutes are pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/muGHgPa6p_k

Hail Mary loss to the 49ers. Shocker.

Forgot Bobby Layne played that much during the regular season. I knew Tobin Rote led them to the title, but didn't realize he shared the QB duties with Layne.

Hail Mary loss to the 49ers. Shocker.

Forgot Bobby Layne played that much during the regular season. I knew Tobin Rote led them to the title, but didn't realize he shared the QB duties with Layne.

True but it does start with a great comeback verses the Colts I think!!!

Back