Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 142 Tigers vs blue jays Sunday Sept 10 2017 1:07 pm EST

turok

Tigers: (tentative)

1) Kinsler, Ian 2B

2) Candelario, Jeimer 3B

3) Cabrera, Miguel DH

4) Castellanos, Nicholas RF

5) Hicks, John 1B

6) McCann, James C

7) Jones, JaCoby CF

8) Romine, Andrew LF

9) Machado, Dixon SS

SP Baez, Sandy (who?)

Oh: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=622783

Dirty Snatchez was skedded to start today's game, but Baez is who is listed on the MLB(dot)com website....which now has Anibal as the SP.

blew jays:

1) uretha, dick ss

2) bawitdaba, hose rf

3) schmuck, bustin 1b

4) morones, spindrys duh

5) pilfer, ketchum cf

6) gonads, rhino 2b

7) horrendous, titscar lf

8) burny, durrnit 3b

9) maily, lukewarm c

SP jack ass clapp

In early b/c gametime coincides with the Lions home opener, and will draw most Detroit sports fans attention, away from the losing Tigers, who are playing out the string.

Last edited:
In early b/c gametime coincides with the Lions home opener, and will draw most Detroit sports fans attention, away from the losing Tigers, who are playing out the string.

Unless you're a much bigger baseball fan.. As bad as they have played watching some of the youth can be exciting.

Unless you're a much bigger baseball fan.. As bad as they have played watching some of the youth can be exciting.

Well....that is kinda why I posted "most Detroit sports fans"...but before DSF lost scads of frequent posters, there were also some who were fans of the Tigers, but another NFL team besides the Lions, and vice-versa.

There are also the fairly commonplace digital video recorders, where fans of both...as well as those who play in fantasy leagues, can save many games for watching later or delayed/live on split-screen. In fact, rather than spending your hard-earned $$ on a fancy dedicated DVR, an old laptop with 100-300 GB of HDD storage, can adequately perform the same service, with certain software on a Linux/Win distro.

Last edited:

Afraid I have to admit I have been somewhat excited seeing this candy guy have good at bats he's been good so far. I tell myself I'm not interested in following the next generation but yet just as soon as a guy looks like he might be good I change my mind already. LOL can't live with em can't live without em, and with that I'm watching the lions today

Tigers 1st: K, K, single, single, K.

bjs: single, popout, flyout, single, rbi single, single, walk, sacks loaded, K.

1-0

Last edited:
Tigers 2nd: groundout, K, single, K.

bjs: single, caught stealing, K, K.

1-0 after 2 full.

Kind of sad to see them pitch around McCann and walk him with one out, putting the lead run on base. to pitch to the next two guys, who are almost sure outs. It worked quite well.

7-2 after Snatchez 7.43 era gives up 7 runs on a dozen hits in only 4.2 IP....say buh-bye to Anyball in the offseason...and good riddance!!

Last edited:
2013 Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, Smyly/swing
2014 Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez, Price, Porcello, Smyly

Since, Scherzer gone, Price gone, Fister gone, Porcello gone, Smyly gone, Verlander gone.
What's left, Bombs Away Sanchez and Garbage staff.

Typical Ausmus this game as past 4 years for this Ivy League Grad Lightweight. leave the pitcher in long enough to give up more runs.

Tweet @BradAusmus07 ..... Sanchez 4 2/3 IP 7 runs, 12 hits,
You have no sense of urgency for 4 f'king years. You suck as a manager.

Rebuild: I think we have to look at this game (and the rest of the season) as early spring training.

I think that the Tigers are destined for at least the 4th pick, can't see them taking a series, much less splitting one in the last 20 games.

The window is broken. Turn out the lights. Tune up the fat lady. It's not over till it's over, but baby when it's over IT'S over and out. BTW this kitten management could not manage a one car parade even should they know the front from the back, they would get it the wrong way.

missed the game but checked the box score. The 4 pitcher's ERAs

I would like to see Sanchez's ERA get to 8.00 this year. Maybe he can set some sort of record

There were other concerns, perhaps, within Sunday?s Tigers galaxy.
A hurricane in the South. A certain NFL game at Ford Field.
The Tigers proved to be of little distraction in their game at Rogers Centre, as they were bounced by the Blue Jays, 8-2.

Teoscar Hernandez hit his first two home runs of the season, Darwin Barney had four hits and the Toronto Blue Jays beat Detroit 8-2 Sunday to assure the Tigers of just their second losing season in a decade.

Detroit dropped to 60-82 with its eighth loss in 10 games this month. The Tigers' only other losing record since 2008 was 74-87 two years ago.

J.A. Happ (8-10) allowed two runs -- one earned -- and five hits in six innings.

Ian Kinsler hit a two-run homer for the Tigers, who are 2-8 in September. Kinsler's 17th homer was his first this season that wasn't a solo shot.

Sanchez (3-4) gave up seven runs and a season-high 12 hits in 4 2/3 innings. He is winless in his last five starts and 0-3 with a 9.31 ERA in four career starts at Toronto.

Sanchez allowed seven runs on a season-high 12 hits over 4 2/3 innings for the Tigers. He walked one and struck out five.

Sanchez has a 7.43 ERA this season in 24 games, including 13 starts.
He suffered a right calf contusion after being hit a comebacker by leadoff hitter Whit Merrifield last Tuesday. Sanchez left the game after throwing just five pitches.

Sanchez allowed five runs on nine hits over six innings in a start against the Jays on July 16. The Tigers went on to win that game, 6-5.

Sanchez is 0-3 in four career starts at Rogers Centre. In those games, he?s allowed 20 runs over 19 1/3 innings.

The Tigers got seven hits, two of which ? a double and a single ? came from Nick Castellanos, who again started in right field for the Tigers and who again handled matters without drama or missteps.
Nick Castellanos went 2-for-3 with a walk and has hit safely in 12 of his last 13 games for the Tigers.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...234#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=492234
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Ian Kinsler: He only had one hit, but Kinsler?s two-run homer was the only offense the Tigers could muster today.

Nicholas Castellanos: He went 2-for-3 with a walk.

The bullpen: The game was out of hand, but Ferrell, Lewicki, and Norris combined to allow one unearned run in 3 1⁄3 innings.

HISSES:
Anibal Sanchez: He struck out five and only walked one, but also gave up seven runs on 12 hits. His ERA is now up to 7.43 this year.

John Hicks: He narrowly missed the Golden Sombrero, going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.

STATS AND INFO:
The Tigers have only won one series since taking two of three from the New York Yankees at the start of August.

2.5 behind Oakland.. Can't imagine we gain that back. Maybe the White Sox get on a hot streak..

Back