Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 145 Tigers vs indians Wednesday, Sept 13, 2917

tomdalton22

I guess the only interesting thing about this game is the Indians win streak. Going for 21

Buck Farmer vs. Clevinger

Tigers score 1 in the top of the 1st and Tribe come back in the bottom with a 3 run homer. Still only 2 outs in the bottom of the 1st

How the hell was that ruled a HR? It hit the yellow and bounced back in. Is the yellow considered a HR? Took them about 5 minutes to decide.

the tigers scored a run?

Best hitter on the team now is a guy that was playing in Triple A for the Cubs a month ago. LOL. this team is a barrel full of monkey jokes.

@ least the Tigers won't be swept and SHO in all 3 games, but they still have a chance to do it in one of their remaining series.

Last edited:
actually, Preslely might be the best hitter on the team now, I really do think he would be an ideal lead off hitter. He only plays OF though, doesn't he? that's not going to work for next year.

s/b an interesting offseason, when we will find out just how cheap of an '18 Tigers team that the FO intends to field.

actually, Preslely might be the best hitter on the team now, I really do think he would be an ideal lead off hitter. He only plays OF though, doesn't he? that's not going to work for next year.

my guess is he is just a little hot lately. Over the past 3 years he has hit .230 with an OBP of .278

He is a lefty. In that same timeframe he has hit .218 vs RH pitching with an OBP of .267

Based on his past...I think he's probably garbage.

Read that both McCann and Ausmus were ejected arguing balls and strikes, dunno if it was while on O or D...probably the latter.

Last edited:
Read that both McCann and Ausmus were ejected arguing balls and strikes, dunno if it was while on O or D...probably the latter.

FWIW I watched the first 2 innings on my lunch break at work and it seemed like Farmer was getting shafted on pitches that should have been strikes and then the same when they were up to bat the zone was huge.

Maybe the Tigers should plunk a few more tribbles, and cause some bench-clearing brawls..anything to avoid going down meekly into the annals ofMLB ignominy while being the losing team in a record breaking winning streak.

Not sure what kind of hitters he's going to but can Candy play 3B? Better than Nick I assume but is he good defensively? What about that Lugo kid.. who's the better prospect?

Not sure what kind of hitters he's going to but can Candy play 3B? Better than Nick I assume but is he good defensively? What about that Lugo kid.. who's the better prospect?

Looks like Candy excels defensively, has some speed, takes a walk often enough, and could hit .300+, but with little power.

Looks like Candy excels defensively, has some speed, takes a walk often enough, and could hit .300+, but with little power.

Just looking at the minor league numbers he doesn't seem like 300+ hitter. .260 maybe..

Just looking at the minor league numbers he doesn't seem like 300+ hitter. .260 maybe..

Over the past 2 seasons he has mostly been in AAA...when he was 22 & 23 years old. His AAA numbers are his most recent and his best. .292 BA, .373 OBP and .880 OPS. He may not be a .300+ hitter but I think he will be better than .260

As he matures, I could see .280 / .350 / .850

Back