Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baker Mayfield is my new hero

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Didn't care for him or believe he was all that good until the OSUx game, but now he might be my favorite non-UM player in CFB. Plant that flag, Baker!

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/...-Ohio-State-fans-during-second-half-107357725

ESPN Radio personality Ian Fitzsimmons on Tuesday revealed an intense back-and-forth he witnessed between Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield and several Ohio State fans during the second half of Saturday night's game in Columbus.

Here's what Fitzsimmons said on*Freddie & Fritz:

"Behind the Oklahoma bench, there were a group of Buckeye fans that were beyond over-served. I mean these dudes were lubed up. And right at halftime, right as Baker Mayfield?s getting treatment on his lower back, he comes out and these guys are just wearing him out. He finally ? right before their first possession when Ohio State goes up 10-3 to start the second half and you?re going ?uh-oh? ? turns around and goes, ?Get ready, I?m about to hand six on you bleeping bleepers?.

He leads them right down the field, the score?s tied at 10. He goes straight to the bench, stands up on the bench, and just lets the Buckeye fans behind him that were giving it to Baker... he turns at them and says, ?You like that one? I?ve got three or four more of those coming up. Get ready."

Thats fantastic, that is the type of attitude that we need in a QB. The confidence and then the ability to execute.

I saw him jaw jacking after one drive .. didn't know it was the terrible Buck nut fans. Glad Baker went off on them.

I just hope we can finally get the win over OSU this year.

We had our long stretch of dominance in the rivalry from 1985 - 2003. We won 13 of 19 and tied once. They've had a long enough run of dominance. Shit has balanced out. Time to start another 10 year war.

We had our long stretch of dominance in the rivalry from 1985 - 2003. We won 13 of 19 and tied once. They've had a long enough run of dominance. Shit has balanced out. Time to start another 10 year war.

plus their run, particularly during the Tressel years, was made possible by rampant cheating.

plus their run, particularly during the Tressel years, was made possible by rampant cheating.

Oh come on! Since when is a free car program and no-show jobs for pay cheating? It's not like Tressel did that at the powerhouse Youngstown State either. He's been a beacon of light for all coaches since the day he stepped on a football field.

I'm going to buy a sweater vest right now.

Back