Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Giants *Monday Night* Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (1-0) @ New York Giants (0-1)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Big Blue View

Injury Report
Link (from Thursday)

Lions
DE Ezekiel Ansah (knee) — Limited practice
WR Golden Tate (finger) — Full practice

Giants
G Bobby Hart (ankle) — Limited practice
LB Keenan Robinson (concussion) — Limited practice
WR Odell Beckham Jr (ankle) — Limited practice
DT Jay Bromley (knee) — Full practice
CB Janoris Jenkins (ankle/hand) — Full practice
WR Tavarres King (ankle) — Full practice

Series History
Link
The Lions are 21-21-1 against the Giants
Last Game: 12/8/2016, Giants 17 Lions 6
Last Win: 9/8/2014, Lions 35 Giants 14
Last Win in New York: 10/24/2004, Lions 28 Giants 13
Recent Games: The Giants have won 4 of the last 5 games

Last edited:
Giants officially list Odell Beckham Jr. as questionable for Monday night.
Adam Schefter

.500 verses the Giants .. Never would have thought that.

Giants were one of the few teams, who the Lions had a longtime winning all-time record against. The Cards still being the best winning record.

While i think the giants defense is good...i think it's overrated. Detroit should win this game if beckham is out.

NEED to get off to a faster start in this game. Another stinker 1st quarter just does not get it done on the road. Can't be hoping for another 4th quarter comeback against this defense. I personally hope OBJ plays. This team needs to prove it can shut down star players on the road.

quick start would be great. get the lead early. the NY crowd will quickly turn on it's 0-1 Giants.

Lions have a better offense and a defense close enough to Giants.

BJ Goodson, OBJ and Janoris Jenkins injuries are big if they don't play or are limited. Could it be two injury advantage games in a row. Hard to believe. Ansah needs to play again though and play well

Lions have a better offense and a defense close enough to Giants.

BJ Goodson, OBJ and Janoris Jenkins injuries are big if they don't play or are limited. Could it be two injury advantage games in a row. Hard to believe. Ansah needs to play again though and play well

Lions with injury advantage. True win Giants even before the kickoff.

Last edited:
Cmon ladies.....lets not turn this game thread into a shit show. Game talk, only!!!

In a race to 20.....Lions get there first!

Lions - 20
Giants - 17

Over/Under on how many times Berman says G-Men like an ass hat. 18.

I would love to see a fast Iions start in a blowout crushing win !!!!!

Jim bob
USE THE DRAW Play tonight !!!!!

Last edited:
The Giants have no running game and if OBJ is out...could be a pretty easy win for the Lions.

I hope so. I don't see big games for Tate or Jones, but Riddick, Abdullah and Ebron could catch 5 - 7 balls each.

Cmon ladies.....lets not turn this game thread into a shit show. Game talk, only!!!

In a race to 20.....Lions get there first!

Lions - 20
Giants - 17

Over/Under on how many times Berman says G-Men like an ass hat. 18.

I thought Berman retired last year

I hope so. I don't see big games for Tate or Jones, but Riddick, Abdullah and Ebron could catch 5 - 7 balls each.

I have Eli and OBJ on my fantasy team tonight. I have Jones that I can throw in for OBJ if he can't go. I am pretty far behind the guy I'm playing...I don't think it's going to turn out well for me

It's not. I had a terrible week. If it wasn't for Aaron Rodgers in garbage time I probably would have been doubled up. Might as will get my bad game out of the way early!

Back