Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who would have thought...

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
...that PURDUE would be our first real test of the season? Beating the Hell out of Mizzou 35-3 right now. And to make matters worse, we go to their place. Offense better find some magic fairy dust because we won't get a win with 22 offensive points.

Honestly, I'm not concerned with where they play this game. I've been there before, there is absolutely no home field advantage.

In fact, it might be better to get away from the Big House so they can play a little looser. I think they've been incredibly tight at home.

10 red zone tries so far this season.. Only 1 TD. That's bad. Really bad.

Don't know what you've been watching, but Michigan has been tested 3 times already...

Don't know what you've been watching, but Michigan has been tested 3 times already...

Did we get tests from any of them? They all looked like shit against us. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Should have had about 50 today but our RZ offense decided to keep it close.

Lol... Missouri is trash.

Whether they are or not, when you go to SEC country and get a 32 point win, that's damn impressive, especially for a team that was expected to be one of the worst in the Big 10.

Did we get tests from any of them? They all looked like shit against us. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Should have had about 50 today but our RZ offense decided to keep it close.

All 3 games were still in doubt in the 4th quarter.

I don't think Michigan has had an easy game yet. They probably should've , but they have not.

I dont know if you are talking to me, but them going back out on the road seems like a good thing. They need to regroup. Young teams, at home early in the season, tend to press a little. This team was loose in Dallas. That game was never in doubt in the 2nd half. They need this road game. Replace the mistakes with the discipline from last year and they blow out all 3 teams by 30 or more. The mistakes have led to being tested. This team does not suck, they lack experience and discipline. A good coach like ours is supposed to get this team better as the year goes on. I believe he will. The person I dont trust, at this very moment, is Drevno. The playcalling inside the 30 is very questionable, especially when you know the defense is blitzing.

Drevno is an o-line coach. I think he's in over his head as an OC. The play calling is terrible. We treat our RBs like it would be a penalty if they caught a pass.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Drevno is an o-line coach. I think he's in over his head as an OC. The play calling is terrible. We treat our RBs like it would be a penalty if they caught a pass.

Have we attempted a screen pass to our RBs yet? I know there have been a couple very unsuccessful passes out of the backfield but thats it.

Yeah, I dont get that one. Give the running backs a pass in the flat or a SCREEN PLAY DURING THE MANY BLITZES WE SEE and they would do some damage.

Have we attempted a screen pass to our RBs yet? I know there have been a couple very unsuccessful passes out of the backfield but thats it.
Zero RB screens. Air Force blitzes on 75% of their defensive snaps. Why run a RB screen against that?

Maybe he is sand bagging the play calling ?

I hope so.

It just worries me that Speight looks so frustrated. Even when he struggled last year, you could always see that his confidence was high. Not anymore. That's why i wanted them to force him to go downfield more. We need to see if he can pull himself up or if he's going to break. I'd rather him break against AF than MSU when we might have to go downfield more.

I hope so.

It just worries me that Speight looks so frustrated. Even when he struggled last year, you could always see that his confidence was high. Not anymore. That's why i wanted them to force him to go downfield more. We need to see if he can pull himself up or if he's going to break. I'd rather him break against AF than MSU when we might have to go downfield more.

I agree with you .. did he miss that blitz or was it the recivers ? I felt it was on him .

Missouri is 1-2, and gave up 40+ pts to MoSt in their only win, and over 30 pts in every one of their games. they're garbage.

Purdue played Louisville close, but they're similarly inept on defense and more or less a 1-man team.

Purdue looks better than they've looked in past years, but that's not saying much. if our defense wasn't so totally badass, there might be cause for concern. we can win 13-3 every week for all I care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree .. keep the defense rolling and its super nice to have a great kicker for a change and he is just a freaking freshmen !!!!

I seemed to remember Ohio States national title under that cheater Tre$$el playing a ton of close games in 2001. Win every game good things happen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team

Holy crap of osu's last 7 games six were decided by a touchdown or less, and earlier in that season they only won by 4 at Cincinnati.

Last edited:
They aren't keeping the playbook back. They aren't holding anything back. This is the Michigan team this year. We were worried about the D, unnecessarily. We should've been worried about the O. Michigan lost 3 O-lineman, all the receivers, the starting RB, and the big 10's best TE. They were bound to take a step back somewhere. Looks like it is on offense.

Just going to have to rely on the D to keep things in check, but if they continue to somehow throw 29+ on the scoreboard, things should be good.

we shall see...

Back