Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you?

mhughes0021

allot of what ifs here. But say abdullah has another stinker this week. Rumor is NO is shopping AP. Would you give up say a 5th rounder for him?

Nope, but I'd like the Lions to try to acquire Todd Gurley from the Rams. Give them Abdullah and our 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Lions are going to draft a RB early anyway

No. Adrian Peterson is not an improvement over the current back on our roster. He's had one healthy year in the past 3, and he's very old by RB standards. He's never been much of a pass-catcher or blocker, both important skills in our pass-heavy offense. Reality catches up to players before perception. I'm not interested in wasting a roster spot on the Adrian Peterson name when he's no longer the Adrian Peterson we remember.

No. Adrian Peterson is not an improvement over the current back on our roster. He's had one healthy year in the past 3, and he's very old by RB standards. He's never been much of a pass-catcher or blocker, both important skills in our pass-heavy offense. Reality catches up to players before perception. I'm not interested in wasting a roster spot on the Adrian Peterson name when he's no longer the Adrian Peterson we remember.

Agreed. But he can still run forward and put a shoulder down better than anyone on our roster. Abdullah obviously hasn't improved our run game... He's about out of chances imo.

Lions OLine runblocking was bad last week. Besides, Abdullah deserves one more shot to prove his worth. He ran hard last week but no holes. Adrian Peterson is a name at this point and he's a man that doesn't realize his time is up. We don't need that drama IMO...

Last edited:
Fumbledullah is a scat back not a power rusher, team still lacks and 1st and goal guy

Agreed. But he can still run forward and put a shoulder down better than anyone on our roster. Abdullah obviously hasn't improved our run game... He's about out of chances imo.

Peterson has always been more of a big play back than a short yardage grinder. But I think you've kind of hit the nail on the head. Abdullah is not enough to give us a run game (none of our backs are). Person is no different in that respect. It would be a waste of a roster spot and even late pick to bring in someone else who won't make any difference.

We're one game in. Slow your roll a bit. Cards have a legit run defense. Colts RB's had 54 yards on 23 carries.

As far as AP goes.....I'd do it for a low round pick. He signed what essentially is a one year deal so no worry about future cap costs. He's about 387 times better than Washington or Green.

I wouldn't give up Abdullah though. I could see us giving up Washington.....if NO would want him.

I'd do it for no more than a 5th and hopefully he would have some added incentive playing against his old team 2 more times since he laid an egg the first time around...

No thanks. Let Abdullah put up or shut up. Peterson has very little effective time left in the league.

I want Tion Green to get a shot out there, I've seen all I care to see out of Washington. Scrap him

AP is old now and lacks the burst and power he once had. The main problem is AP still thinks he is AP from 5 years ago and therefore expects to be given 25 carries a game and be treated like a star. We are building something here and dont need someone like that.

5.1 ypc for abdullah last game. Fuck the child beater peterson

Back