Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whatever happened to Kareem Walker?

GoBlueInAtlanta

I have heard absolutely nothing about him. Is he redshirting, seeking a transfer, injured?

He was hurt last week. Not sure about this game.

bullcrap

they just aren't playing him, for whatever reason. Maybe he'll get some run now that Ty is hurt. We'll see...

He's been buried on the depth chart. After what was said about him between the reg season and Orange Bowl, I'm surprised he hasn't been out there. That said, read he was dinged up as mentioned. Hopefully he's not one of those 'always injured' kids.

Thanks for the info. Weird stuff going on there. #1 running back out of high school and hasn't been in for even one play after a season and a quarter?

I'm bummed about Chris Evans. He was supposed to be the lead dog and a potential superstar. I barely remember him playing the last two weeks.

I'm bummed about Chris Evans. He was supposed to be the lead dog and a potential superstar. I barely remember him playing the last two weeks.

I remember him fumbling last week.

I think he had his best moments last year coming in for a change of pace; his quickness through the hole seemed to catch the defense off guard, after they got used to Smith.

he's still only a sophomore though... give him a break man. he has time to grow still.

Walker looks like a bust. The transfer clock is ticking .

Last edited:
are we sure he's hurt, or maybe Harbaugh is just deciding not to play his best running back for some mysterious reason?

I think Hungry is on to something here.

He fumbled the ball away against Air Force. He rode the bench the rest of the game. Might've got in for a snap or 2 late.

are we sure he's hurt, or maybe Harbaugh is just deciding not to play his best running back for some mysterious reason?

I think Hungry is on to something here.

No one said he was Harbaugh's best running back. Where are you getting that from?

I might not think something fishy was going on with Kareem Walker if we didn't already go through this.

"Word" was that before game 1 vs Florida, he had a boo-boo. Here we are after game 3 and approaching game 4 and we are guessing on his status...again.

There is this ongoing rumor, that was stated above again, that he is dealing with a knee injury. Well, here is the injury report for the upcoming game:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ll-purdue-football-scouting-report/686227001/

Michigan: WR Tarik Black (out), DL Donovan Jeter (out), TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. (TBD), DL Luiji Vilain (TBD), RB Ty Isaac (TBD/probable).

Nothing at all about Kareem Walker and his "status"

Michigan
Date Pos Player Injury Status
09/21/17 WR Oliver Martin Upper Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Purdue
09/18/17 WR Tarik Black Foot out indefinitely
09/18/17 RB Ty Isaac Undisclosed probable Saturday vs. Purdue
09/18/17 TE Tyrone Wheatley Undisclosed missed last game, "?" Saturday vs. Purdue
09/17/17 RB Kareem Walker Knee "?" Saturday vs. Purdue
09/17/17 DL Luiji Vilain Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Purdue
09/11/17 DL Donovan Jeter Undisclosed out for season

Had trouble with copy&paste of the previous post, but that one at least does list Walker

Mike Fitzpatrick keeps mentioning his knee injury on the Michigan Man Podcast he hosts. I don't think it's BS.

Back