Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Purdue Score Prediction Thread

That was Parents Weekend and though I'd just graduated, my brother was a student and my parents went to that game. My Mom still talks about it - how the water was flowing down the aisle like a river.

I looked up the '95 Purdue game out of curiosity; most people referred to the cold & freezing rain, not the volume of rain. on mgoblog (despite my dislike of the site, they had a good thread on this) a lot of people had confused a mid-90's game against BC that was played in a torrential downpour with this one.

The '95 Purdue game was an instant classic (in a way). a lot of fans had memorable stories about it, esp. those who attended. it sounds like more people claim to have been there than actually were, since everyone always talks about Michigan Stadium being half-empty all day long.

I looked up the '95 Purdue game out of curiosity; most people referred to the cold & freezing rain, not the volume of rain. on mgoblog (despite my dislike of the site, they had a good thread on this) a lot of people had confused a mid-90's game against BC that was played in a torrential downpour with this one.

The '95 Purdue game was an instant classic (in a way). a lot of fans had memorable stories about it, esp. those who attended. it sounds like more people claim to have been there than actually were, since everyone always talks about Michigan Stadium being half-empty all day long.

IDK, I seem to be wrong about everything lately

Or it my Mom's onset of dementia

Last edited:
1991 vs Purdue was my freshman year and it was clear, but cold as all hell! We left before the game ended and went back to SQ. I remember a few players in the TV lounge later that night commenting on how the student section all starting jumping up and down, then the team and finally the entire stadium.

1993 vs Purdue wasn't rainy or terribly cold from video of the game.

1995 vs Purdue - not the game I was thinking about but was Parents Weekend and my Mom was there w/my bro being a frosh that fall.

So the rain coming down the aisles like a river was my Parents weekend - both the games were terrible, weather wise for my folks - but apparently it wasn't against Purdue..?

Trying to find which game it was would be too time consuming, but I was incorrect in my recollection of rain in 95. It was just nasty.

I'm telling you, everyone was saying it was against BC

Looks like we opened '94 home against BC... Sept. 3, 1994. We won 34-26 though, which is not a score you'd expect if there was bad weather.

edit: whoa... we also played @ BC the following year, and then had a home game against them again in '96. 3rd week of the season. score was 20-14 Michigan. that could be it?

I never remember when parents weekend was because neither of my parents had any interest in visiting me in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling you, everyone was saying it was against BC

Looks like we opened '94 home against BC... Sept. 3, 1994. We won 34-26 though, which is not a score you'd expect if there was bad weather.

edit: whoa... we also played @ BC the following year, and then had a home game against them again in '96. 3rd week of the season. score was 20-14 Michigan. that could be it?

I never remember when parents weekend was because neither of my parents had any interest in visiting me in college.

94 weather against BC was very nice. Sunny all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMof3yEhy0

96 was cloudy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePpYefjTL0

Last edited:

Maybe it was 95 after all. I'm now recalling my stepdad talking about how his jeans got wet in the rain and then froze in the colder, windy conditions later in the game. I feel like the game was not on in CO and I would have been in Boulder already. We used to get pre-empted by the Big12 ...you know, Iowa State vs Kansas State and shit..

Little Vic says,

MICHIGAN - 31
Purdue - 17

"I think it will be like the Colorado game last year ..."

Oops spoke to soon. Didn't see Tinsels call. Well played sir.

Last edited:
Back