Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jimmy Kimmel not backing down

biggunsbob

Good to see someone on tv ripping the new Gop healthcare bill for what it is . I lying sham. Typical of what Gop lawmakers try to do to the American people . Kimmel rips Cassidy as he should because that guy is a lying piece of crap. Just like the bill Graham and him are trying to push.

Again Gop.. Why not work with almost sides and fix the problem!!!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/09/21/watch_jimmy_kimmel_respond_to_his_critics.html

u r like a broken record

he should backdown because he doesn't know what he's talking about and the fact that his son had heart surgery doesn't make him anymore an authority on health care policy than anyone else. He should stop grandstanding and using his son for moral preening.

he should backdown because he doesn't know what he's talking about and the fact that his son had heart surgery doesn't make him anymore an authority on health care policy than anyone else. He should stop grandstanding and using his son for moral preening.

I didn't realize that about his son.

he was always more of a conservative-leaning guy, going back to his Man Show, and Win Ben Stein's Money days (both of which I liked watching)

sounds like he's earning his "Recovering Republitard" merit badge now.

it's just so typical though of the mindset... a total lack of empathy until something happens to them, then on that one (1) issue they're willing to reconsider the official party line. like Dick Cheney on gay issues after his daughter came out. Like " Whoa, haha, wait a sec. Hold on guys, turns out I have a gay kid myself, so let's not crap all over their rights just yet."

*steps off soapbox*

kimmel is not even close to conservative. his son's illness isn't flipping him - he's already a lefty. His son would have gotten the same surgery without obamacare and kids who need that operation that don't have coverage can walk into the same hospital and get the same operation from the same doctor regardless of their ability to pay.

you and kimmel should both stay off the soapbox.

kimmel is not even close to conservative. his son's illness isn't flipping him - he's already a lefty. His son would have gotten the same surgery without obamacare and kids who need that operation that don't have coverage can walk into the same hospital and get the same operation from the same doctor regardless of their ability to pay.

I don't know.

Kimmel's good buddy Adam Corolla just addressed Congress, ridiculing what some claim is a desire from some on the left to suppress free speech on college campuses.

Corolla is viewed by some as libertarian.

I don't see Kimmel as being as much of a lefty as the typical Hollywood type.

You're right; poor have and had access to medical care long before the ACA and the Republicans aren't going to change that.

Besides that Trump is a Democrat again for the time being anyway.

I don't know.

Kimmel's good buddy Adam Corolla just addressed Congress, ridiculing what some claim is a desire from some on the left to suppress free speech on college campuses.

Corolla is viewed by some as libertarian.

I don't see Kimmel as being as much of a lefty as the typical Hollywood type.

You're right; poor have and had access to medical care long before the ACA and the Republicans aren't going to change that.

Besides that Trump is a Democrat again for the time being anyway.

He's also friends with Matt Damon and dated Sarah Silverman for a very long time. He doesn't get libertarian/conservative by association just for being friends with Adam Corolla. He may not be Chelsea Handler but he's definitely left of center.

I like Adam Corolla - have you ever read "In Fifty Years We'll all be Chicks" - it's pretty funny. If not, slap a copy on the back of the toilet - you'll be through it in a week and get some good laughs.

Last edited:
He's also friends with Matt Damon and dated Sarah Silverman for a very long time. He doesn't get libertarian/conservative by association just for being friends with Adam Corolla. He may not be Chelsea Handler but he's definitely left of center.

I like Adam Corolla - have you ever read "In Fifty Years We'll all be Chicks" - it's pretty funny. If not, slap a copy on the back of the toilet - you'll be through it in a week and get some good laughs.

What are you talking about - Kimmel and Damon hate each other - didn' you watch the Oscars?

I was air time salesman at KROQ when Adam was there - he is a good dude.

I'll give you - I see Kimmel as being somewhere between his buddies Adam and Matt Damon.

What are you talking about - Kimmel and Damon hate each other - didn' you watch the Oscars?

I was air time salesman at KROQ when Adam was there - he is a good dude.

I'll give you - I see Kimmel as being somewhere between his buddies Adam and Matt Damon.

no, i did not watch the Oscars.

Kimmel and Damon played up their ongoing "feud" gag quite humorously - at least I thought so. I guess not all viewers were aware of this bit they've had running for years.

i'm aware of the bit from kimmel's show and I've seen the sarah silverman video but I don't ever watch the Oscars or any other award show. I leave the room while my wife watches the red carpet crap. She usually switches to something else after at which point I may join her if there's nothing interesting on Al Gore's world wide web.

Last edited:
i'm aware of the bit from kimmel's show and I've seen the sarah silverman video but I don't ever watch the Oscars or any other award show. I leave the room while my wife watches the red carpet crap. She usually switches to something else after at which point I may join her if there's nothing interesting on Al Gore's world wide web.

I like to watch the Oscars with my wife - it's the only awards show we watch. She likes the red carpet stuff beforehand.

I like Kimmel but the earlier live post Oscar show that's on live right after the Oscars every year - or until he hosted this year's Oscars - is pretty much The only day when it's on early enough for me to watch-the daily taped re-broadcast is shown at 11:30 Pacific time here, just like it's shown at 11:30 Eastern time in New York.

I liked Kimmel as the Oscar host. He incorporated a number of the elements of his post Oscar show into the Oscars itself.

I guess it went over well enough in general because I think they're bringing him back next year.

Last edited:

Yeah he really does unlike that lying Senator who is lying through his teeth.

Yeah he really does unlike that lying Senator who is lying through his teeth.

what's he lying about Bob? please list some things he's saying along with your proof that it's all lies. And I won't accept "you know the GOP is lying, just admit it" as proof.

what's he lying about Bob? please list some things he's saying along with your proof that it's all lies. And I won't accept "you know the GOP is lying, just admit it" as proof.

Start with preexisting conditions and have at. Don't say it's the same because on the surface it may look the same but underneath the bill us totally different how they define people with preexisting conditions going foward.
That bill is a mess and it figure Gop would push a archaic bill like this that hits poor people really hard. Come up with a Better plan I am all ears Hack but you never do. You never answer the question. Answer it. For profit healthcare is a awful system . This bill will probably cut 20 to 40 million people off of healthcare. But those good old boys in the senate and house will still have insurance.

Off to take my failing sister to her doctor. Wonder how she gets covered with all Tha she has going foward .. Heck even with the crappy system we have now she still has alot of bills .

Aneurysm 10 years ago . Check
Parkinson's. Check
Broken hip. Check
Broken pelvis. Check .
Broken wrist . Check.

Start with preexisting conditions and have at. Don't say it's the same because on the surface it may look the same but underneath the bill us totally different how they define people with preexisting conditions going foward.
That bill is a mess and it figure Gop would push a archaic bill like this that hits poor people really hard. Come up with a Better plan I am all ears Hack but you never do. You never answer the question. Answer it. For profit healthcare is a awful system . This bill will probably cut 20 to 40 million people off of healthcare. But those good old boys in the senate and house will still have insurance.

Off to take my failing sister to her doctor. Wonder how she gets covered with all Tha she has going foward .. Heck even with the crappy system we have now she still has alot of bills .

Parkinson's. Check
Broken hip. Check
Broken pelvis. Check .
Broken wrist . Check.

but you don't come up with a plan either

just saying "single payer" isn't a plan

but you don't come up with a plan either

just saying "single payer" isn't a plan

LOL, so Bob is held to the same standard as a sitting senator?

that's fair, since he has a full time staff of policy lawyers, accountants, analysts, and interns to work out the details of the plan and draft the bill...

Parkinson's. Check
Broken hip. Check
Broken pelvis. Check .
Broken wrist . Check.

"start with preexisting conditions and have at it" is not proof - that just more of your bloviating partisan nonsense. Here he is telling the truth and setting Chris Cuomo straight on the pre-existing conditions. By the way, I don't agree with you on pre-existing conditions. I don't believe you should be able to buy insurance after your house burns down - that's how insurance works. But, contrary to your claim, it's in there and here's the proof...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisAMB-QJ7A

Cuomo keeps lying about the bill and Cassidy keeps straightening him. Clearly, Cuomo is as thick as you because he can't seem to hear it.

I don't believe you should be able to buy insurance after your house burns down - that's how insurance works.

There's the kicker. Most of healthcare isn't well suited for how insurance works. Needing a vaccine or seeing a doctor for some run of the mill illness isn't rare like having your house burn down. Insurance should be for rare things only, otherwise it's a stupid way to deal with paying for something.

There's the kicker. Most of healthcare isn't well suited for how insurance works. Needing a vaccine or seeing a doctor for some run of the mill illness isn't rare like having your house burn down. Insurance should be for rare things only, otherwise it's a stupid way to deal with paying for something.

vaccines aren't that big of a part of health insurance coverage but there are reasons they are covered. from the insurance companies perspective, it's cheaper to vaccinate someone than it is to treat them for the disease. It's sort of like the discount you get on your homeowner's premium for installing a security system. Also, that's more a part of the HMO model. Under high deductible plans, things like that aren't typically covered.

Edit: I want to be clear, I'm not backing down from my original point here. Buying insurance after getting a serious pre-existing condition IS like buying insurance after the house burns down or a tree falls on it. I think we agree on your basic point and I think if people had to pay out of pocket for routine stuff they'd pay a lot more attention to it, shop around for the best deals and drive prices down especially since a lot of people would forego routine maintenance to save money. But then you have other risks and how do you incentivize people to get those things they probably need but now have to pay directly instead of indirectly for them?

Last edited:
Back