Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Purdue game is on Fox and I'm worried

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Cubs vs Brewers is on immediately before our game. If it goes extra innings or if there are weather delays or slow pace, Fox doesn't have alternate channels like espn/abc. Hope for a quick game because there's a chance of missing significant time in the first quarter.

Couldn't you go to like the Fox Sports App and pull it from there?

You don't think they'd move to local for us in Michigan?

God fucking damn it. I had no idea the Cubs and Brewers were on before the game. They don't start until 1:05 so you know they won't finish before our kickoff.

There are some Regional Fox stations/affiliates and there is FS1 ...but I'd be surprised if they cut away from Cubs

There are some Regional Fox stations/affiliates and there is FS1 ...but I'd be surprised if they cut away from Cubs

Already checked FS1. They have a NASFUCKINGCAR race. Gonna go fast and turn left sometimes! Grab a PBR or Schlitz and tune in!

I just downloaded Fox Sports Go. Hoping that will work for tomorrow.

Couldn't you go to like the Fox Sports App and pull it from there?

You don't think they'd move to local for us in Michigan?

I think you need to be local to watch games on that app. Not totally sure but ill check it out in case.

since this was a "family compromise" weekend for me, involving going to a farm with a petting zoo and taking a fucking hay ride (even though it's still 90 and humid every day here), there's a good chance I was going to miss most of this game anyway.

but I won't feel so bad if everyone else misses most of it too.

Well we may end up having to listen to the beginning of the game on the live audio from the athletic department website.

I think you need to be local to watch games on that app. Not totally sure but ill check it out in case.

I think we should be good since it's a national game. I'm going to be out of town and plan on watching it Sunday. I'll still tape it, but if the baseball game goes long (at least it's NL?) hopefully I can catch the beginning of the replay on the app.

I'm showing the Los Angeles Angels at Houston. I think Houston still has an indoor Stadium.

Last edited:
Already checked FS1. They have a NASFUCKINGCAR race. Gonna go fast and turn left sometimes! Grab a PBR or Schlitz and tune in!

When the BTN got invented, we had to buy a 'sport package' for $5/month more. But it came with FoxSports regional channels as well so we got FoxSportsNW, Detroit, etc. We got some M hockey games and other programming..

I don't know if they're still Fox-related, but there were some alternate networks.

I will be watching the game and hopefully not too annoyed at our house guest coming in (hopefully tomorrow, not tonight). Game is at 2pm here - sort of an odd time, usually 10am or 1:30pm. But then I'm going up to Boulder for the CU/Washington game that kicks at 8pm MST.

Go Blue!
Go Buffs!

Attachments

• Wolvaloes.jpg
    Wolvaloes.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Listen, I understand the frustration. I really do, but lets not drag the fine name of PBR down.

Listen, I understand the frustration. I really do, but lets not drag the fine name of PBR down.

Lol, this is funny. My dad would drink that stuff back in the 70s and early 80s. Tried it in high school, never could get my palate to give it another shot.

Wouldn't surprise me if BTN Alternate carried it(if not on Foxgosports app), if those games last too long. Fox and BTN are intertwined.

i have Fox 47, FS1, and FS2. i think i have some FOX alt channels, also.

Hopefully, we wont need to find out.

I'm showing the Los Angeles Angels at Houston. I think Houston still has an indoor Stadium.

Minute Maid Arena has a retractable roof, which is closed during most of baseball season because it's too hot to play baseball outdoors here from May to October

Back