Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Uga

TheVictors

Jumping us in the polls is crap. Pure SEC nonsense.

After how our offense played most of the game? I'm fine with it. Win and the polls wont matter.

Jumping us in the polls is crap. Pure SEC nonsense.

So, this was all in the making from a couple weeks ago, when Miss St. beat an LSU team that others thought was fantastic. CBS(SEC) was praising Dan Mullen as the second coming and saying he should leave to a bigger place while his stock was high. After their win over LSU, they jumped big in the polls. So whomever won the game(against UGA), was going to get the SEC bump. Georgia won big and catapulted over everyone because Miss St. was presumed good.

I agree, though, I dont care where we are ranked as long we win and get better. I remember about 4 or 5yrs ago, Bama was in rebuild mode. Their offensive line was atrocious(young lineman), but their defense was still the best around. They lost an early game and the OLine just kept getting better as weeks went on. They won the NC that year. Im not saying we will(would be satisfied with the playoff), but it is really possible that a new qb, that can get the ball off in a hurry, can help give the OLine confidence. Okorn can be that confidence builder this line needs..............Or we can just replace Uluzio with one of our TEs. j/k

But they beat power bouse ND on the road. Give me a break .

Last edited:
UGA still plays a handful of tough road games. they don't play Bama during the regular season though, but games at Auburn, Tenn and UF should sort them out.

if they win @ UF and go undefeated, then lose to Bama in the SEC championship, but still make the playoffs... THEN I'd be annoyed.

Frankly with the offense of first three games we didn't look that good

Just keep inning

Offense did improve

Michigan is 4-0 and has won by 16, 22, 16, and 18

Ratings don't really matter right now, but I'm just wondering what they expect Michigan to do here...

Nothing wrong with this..

agree. not to ignore MSU or @IU both of which could be tough games, but in 4 weeks, we play @PennSt. unless they completely fall apart (between now and then they only play IU & @ NW), they should still be a top 5 team. if we win that one, we'll be in the playoff discussion for sure.

we'll have climbed the first of three mountains in our schedule... next two are @UW, and OSU.

Michigan is 4-0 and has won by 16, 22, 16, and 18

Ratings don't really matter right now, but I'm just wondering what they expect Michigan to do here...

Well, considering those games had us pulling away in the final minutes, i think the differential is a bit misleading. The only game that felt like a no doubter the whole way through is Cincinnati and even that was way too close considering how bad they are.

I felt quite comfortable in the 2nd half of the Purdue game

Hopefully, Michigan continues to win by 16+

I don't think anyone felt great trailing 10-7 at half and only up 14-10 after three quarters. Especially with a backup QB in. When I think comfortable I think of 63-6 vs Delaware St or something lol.

Point being, Michigan has not looked like a complete team and quite frankly undeserving of it's top 10 ranking. There's nothing wrong with that though, we knew this was an inexperienced team and it would take time to come together. Still lots of games to improve on their play. They will have a chance to prove their mettle against PSU, Wisconsin, and OSU, assuming they can get by MSU and Indiana which are not gimmees.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but you still can't argue with the results. I think it says somethign that Michigan has all of these issues and still wins by these margins. Other teams have had issues, too.

Last edited:
Back