Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

The Lions handed him a shit ton of money to stick around, no home town discount. If he really wanted to win, he wouldn't have re-signed with this dumpster fire of an organization. He could've taken less and gone to any winning organization.

True.

Oh man...this stinks.

If he does decide to hang em up, I hope that he lets the team know within the next couple of months. Give them enough time to plan for his replacement via draft or FA....Barry retiring sucked for many reasons, but he also kind of screwed the Lions over by waiting until the end of training camp to announce it, killing any chances of them getting a suitable replacement.

Regardless of whether or not Megatron retires, or plays 1-2 more years, the new GM needs to get to work on developing a plan for how to replace Calvin.

Mayhew fucked up a lot, but his biggest gaffe (in my eyes) was his complete lack of foresight into the Suh situation, and how he literally had no plan for how to replace Suh. He was genuinely shocked when Suh went to Miami, and as a result, blew several chances at getting a replacement.

Oh man...this stinks.

If he does decide to hang em up, I hope that he lets the team know within the next couple of months. Give them enough time to plan for his replacement via draft or FA....Barry retiring sucked for many reasons, but he also kind of screwed the Lions over by waiting until the end of training camp to announce it, killing any chances of them getting a suitable replacement.

Regardless of whether or not Megatron retires, or plays 1-2 more years, the new GM needs to get to work on developing a plan for how to replace Calvin.

Mayhew fucked up a lot, but his biggest gaffe (in my eyes) was his complete lack of foresight into the Suh situation, and how he literally had no plan for how to replace Suh. He was genuinely shocked when Suh went to Miami, and as a result, blew several chances at getting a replacement.

Definitely need to have a plan in place. Whether Calvin stays or not, retiring is on his mind. Need to get a replacement.

How do you feel about a TE/WR hybrid, matchup nightmare type?

image.png

Fortunately, in this case the Lions are (or should be) looking for a future replacement regardless. It would be disappointing to see him retire, but it's not like they're relying on him to be the lone superstar (at least at this point in his career).

We knew this was coming in the not too distant future. A top wr is an absolute must in the draft. 1st round

We knew this was coming in the not too distant future. A top wr is an absolute must in the draft. 1st round

The WR in this draft is deep from what I understand. It's still not a more valued position over others. FA, plus maybe 3rd round guy.

You imagine if Stafford had been throwing to Doug Baldwin all these years? He'd be out of the league by now.

You imagine if Stafford had been throwing to Doug Baldwin all these years? He'd be out of the league by now.

lol

Stafford has Tate as a #2...Tate was Wilson's #1 WR when he was out there ahead of Baldwin and Kearse.

Leading WR in the SB for Seattle last year was some kid who was working at a Foot Locker.

Tony isn't in the thread yet, so it seems to be enjoyable and civil so far.

Tony isn't in the thread yet, so it seems to be enjoyable and civil so far.

It's not the enjoyable part. He makes points, is positive (less than LKP) so that's good but I wish he wasn't quite as volatile.

Back