Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

I'm thinking TJ Jones is going to have a large role this year, which I'm fine with. I'd have no problem with not drafting any wrs this year, unless Treadwell is available. Build the trenches and add some talent to the secondary

I think it would be a mistake to not address WR in the draft.

Maybe. But not 1st round.

OK......but what is the plan to bring in good talent then??

FA......nope. Alshon Jeffery isn't leaving Chicago.....they'll franchise him.

Trade - I really like the option of trading for Josh Gordon. But that only IF Cleveland would move him. He would be a low risk, high reward player on a cheap contract with true #1 talent. Other than Gordon, I can't think of anyone who would be available via trade.

Draft - Someone will run a stupid fast time at the combine this month and shoot up the boards......but the draft has 4 top prospects and only 2 (maybe 3) can be outside guys.

Personally, I think we have to get a top prospect, Jeffery or Gordon. It's a WR league now. Cant go into the season with Tate, Fuller, Jones and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder and some scrubs thrown in the mix.

Maybe. But not 1st round.

I'm on this train , except of course if Treadwell fell to us then you gotta take him . But theres some top notch talent to be had in the 2nd round ( I really like Doctson or a Cooper )

OK......but what is the plan to bring in good talent then??

FA......nope. Alshon Jeffery isn't leaving Chicago.....they'll franchise him.

Trade - I really like the option of trading for Josh Gordon. But that only IF Cleveland would move him. He would be a low risk, high reward player on a cheap contract with true #1 talent. Other than Gordon, I can't think of anyone who would be available via trade.

Draft - Someone will run a stupid fast time at the combine this month and shoot up the boards......but the draft has 4 top prospects and only 2 (maybe 3) can be outside guys.

Personally, I think we have to get a top prospect, Jeffery or Gordon. It's a WR league now. Cant go into the season with Tate, Fuller, Jones and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder and some scrubs thrown in the mix.

Chi gets Kevin White back...not 100% sure they'll empty the pocket books for Alshon Jeffrey.

We just used a top ten pick on a matchup nightmare not three years ago.

We just used a top ten pick on a matchup nightmare not three years ago.

He had a pretty good season last year and im expecting him to keep it going and be an even bigger part of the offense . On;y reason people trash him is because where he was picked and who we coulda got instead .

Give it a rest already and root for the guy , were gonna need him .

Chi gets Kevin White back...not 100% sure they'll empty the pocket books for Alshon Jeffrey.

Good point.....completely forgot about White. Still think he stays in Chicago.

If they're willing to let him walk......we could get him for less than CJ money with similar production. He would be a good fit here.

We still (still as in like, last 15 years) need a #3 WR. Fuck Fuller. Fuck Moore. Could Jones be it????? Ehhhhhhhh.....doubt it. Two years in and he's done nothing. Well, nothing in a shit offense. Maybe Cooter can can squirt his magic juice on Jones, too!!

Good point.....completely forgot about White. Still think he stays in Chicago.

If they're willing to let him walk......we could get him for less than CJ money with similar production. He would be a good fit here.

We still (still as in like, last 15 years) need a #3 WR. Fuck Fuller. Fuck Moore. Could Jones be it????? Ehhhhhhhh.....doubt it. Two years in and he's done nothing. Well, nothing in a shit offense. Maybe Cooter can can squirt his magic juice on Jones, too!!

LMAO

I actually like Moore though and think hes a perfect fit in this offense

I'm not willing to give up on TJ Jones yet. The fact that he didn't drop a single pass in 2015 makes me want to see what he can do with more than 18 targets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bea...nt-watch-alshon-jeffery-too-valuable-to-leave

The Bears are retaining Jeffery so that's a pipe dream. Kevin White never played a game and I doubt they are interested in going back to the halcyon days of Johnny Knox. If they let Jeffery leave they'd quite possibly have the worst WR core in the league.

As for year 3 EE isn't he supposed to be the 1a weapon? Since everyone thinks he's improving by leaps and bounds no one thinks he can step in and be the playmaker he was drafted to be?

The Panthers are playing in the Super Bowl with Ted Ginn, Jericho Cochery, and Philly Brown starting alongside a legit TE in Olsen. Oh did I forget to mention Devon Funchess? You are telling me that Tate, Jones, The best slot receiver in football Theo Riddick and EE can't match that level? No wonder everyone's favorite GM got fired.

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bea...nt-watch-alshon-jeffery-too-valuable-to-leave

The Bears are retaining Jeffery so that's a pipe dream. Kevin White never played a game and I doubt they are interested in going back to the halcyon days of Johnny Knox. If they let Jeffery leave they'd quite possibly have the worst WR core in the league.

As for year 3 EE isn't he supposed to be the 1a weapon? Since everyone thinks he's improving by leaps and bounds no one thinks he can step in and be the playmaker he was drafted to be?

The Panthers are playing in the Super Bowl with Ted Ginn, Jericho Cochery, and Philly Brown starting alongside a legit TE in Olsen. Oh did I forget to mention Devon Funchess? You are telling me that Tate, Jones, The best slot receiver in football Theo Riddick and EE can't match that level? No wonder everyone's favorite GM got fired.

So i guess every team in the NFL is a joke at the WR position and they're doing it all wrong because of Carolina's success? Quit the constant fucking bitching about how every player on the Lions roster should be this and that. You're a broken fucking record. Carolina is having a season that you NEVER see. It isn't the staple of success. It's amazing they have accomplished what they have done....i dont think we'll ever see it again. Cam has done worse with better talent....explain that.

Whatever, gomer lol. Newton hasn't done shit in the league up until this year. You're a joke...

Tony the diaper aisle is low own Huggies, better grab your Tim Hortons and saddle up.

Whatever, gomer lol. Newton hasn't done shit in the league up until this year. You're a joke...

lol this cheeno clown is the ultimate troll . Never adds anything to a discussion , just little jabs at people like a little child .

Newton was a nobody and considered a middle of the pack qb before this year . Sure its nice to see , as he had all the talent in the world and he finally out it all together . These "mobile" qb's dont hold up to well so we'll see how he fairs going forward .

Back