Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

Sure, 17 PPG allowed is good. Except the Lions allow 25.5 PPG.

But they allowed 17 yesterday. And 16 in another loss. And allowed 35 in a win

But they allowed 17 yesterday. And 16 in another loss. And allowed 35 in a win

Here is a quick little lesson for you.

Take the total points scored against the Lions (102) and divide by total number of games (4) and then you get the average points against.

102 / 4 = 25.5

It actually works for offense too. Let me explain it for you. Take the total points scored (95) and divide by games played (4)

95 / 4 = 23.8

Now, these aren't "true points" or anything like that. These are actual numbers that actually happened. Just like the actual record. You take the times they won the game (in this case once) and that goes in the win column. Then you go and look at the times they lost (in this case three)

Then you put the one in the first column and the three in the second.

It looks like this:

1-3

That is their actual record.

So allowing 17 and 16 is bad? Nope

Defense did its job. Weapons did not. Refs numerous fuck ups this season

So allowing 17 and 16 is bad? Nope

Defense did its job. Weapons did not. Refs numerous fuck ups this season

Not good enough! insufficient. True win this, The Lions have been a joke for as long as I can remember and they will always be a joke!

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...-quarter/02557040-6e03-4261-924c-142a6f7d7db0

I think Caldwell meant to say when asked.

Is there an solace taken in the fact that Detroit is 3-1 in the true wins/loses fantasy world standings?

None, it still boils down to the W & L's in the real world standings, said Caldwell. I’ve always believed that.

You can try and sugarcoat it with talk of true wins and all that kind of stuff, but we’re in this game for meaningful wins that translate into what shows up in the real world standings, not to get close, not style points and so called true wins or anything of that nature.

He then closed the interview by lighting up a stogie and telling LKP to go away

https://soundcloud.com/housegroovesrecords/hg010-juloboy-go-away

Last edited:
Quin thought we would be strong up the middle with Ngata, Ashawn, Levy/Whitehead, Quin. Were not.

LBs are probably the worst group in the league.

Secondary is probably the worst group in the league.

Couple that with the dline cant get any type of pressure....its probably the worst defense in the league. PPG, opponents QB rating, Opponents comp %, all are ridiculous numbers on pace to set all time records in some areas.

Most of the intelligent people on here knew we would need to outscore people...stafford hasnt been able to hack it thru 4 games.

Last edited:
The offensive game plan alone for the bears game should get Caldwell fired. It was beyond pathetic and lacked any creativity at all. That is on jim and his shit for brain coordinator named jim Bob.

17 point allowed on sunday was good. Lions 20th in ppg defense. Not dead last. Two games they held other offense in check but we just didnt score on offense

And we are missing two best defensive players, taylor on a bum ankle. They rebounded last year and can this year

Last edited:
17 point allowed on sunday was good. Lions 20th in ppg defense. Not dead last. Two games they held other offense in check but we just didnt score on offense

And we are missing two best defensive players, taylor on a bum ankle. They rebounded last year and can this year

Rebounded to a 7-9 record. Awesome

They "rebounded" to a fabulous 7-9 record because they started playing an easier schedule in the second half. Now this year we have started losing games to relatively crappy competition. The Titans and Bears both have their only win against us all season. The one team we barely beat in the Colts is also 1-3.

Cue up your "refs injuries and drops" response.

I think 8 or 9 is VERY optimistic. I think they are on track for 7 wins

Might be less. I think they can beat the Rams, Redskins, Jaguars, @Saints, and Bears (although we thought that once already). Everybody else would be a tough win to ask for at this point.

Might be less. I think they can beat the Rams, Redskins, Jaguars, @Saints, and Bears (although we thought that once already). Everybody else would be a tough win to ask for at this point.

IMO they won't beat any teams they shouldn't beat and will lose a few more that they should win. 5-11 or 6-10. Bad qbs complete 75-80 percent of their passes, our defense doesn't force turnovers, cant get consistent pressure on the qb, and we only have 1 corner that can cover. 5 to 6 wins might be optimistic. My gut is telling me 3-13.

Last edited:
Philly will win by 14.
They can take LA.
Washington- Nope
at Houston- No
at Minnesota- hah
Jacksonville- 50/50
Minnesota- hah part 2
at New Orleans- Nah. They throw a ton and the Lions can't cover a paper airplane
Chicago- sure

I'll give them 4, maybe 5 wins. on the season.

Any decent coach should win 10 games with this easy of a schedule. Such a shame. .

Last edited:
Back