Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prediction Time

Just think. You don't even watch this team play. You're borderline genius with that number. What's your secret? Lol.

You only have to watch this team a few times a year to see what they are. Getting by a few bad teams by the skin of their teeth is who they are, and who the coaches are. Realistically, watching 3/4 of every one of their games is a waste of your time, because they don't play until the 4th quarter, aside from today.

If oline and Dline didn't die. What I said would have happened

Start over. Didn't execute. Coaching issue

But I did last season.. Therefore a prediction for this season.

Makes perfect sense in your world. Watch a team from a yr ago and predict their record for the next yr. Fucking brilĺiant....lmao. I wonder if Jaguars and Rams fans did the same? Lol

....:nuts:

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense in your world. Watch a team from a yr ago and predict their record for the next yr. Fucking brilĺiant....lmao. I wonder if Jaguars and Rams fans did the same? Lol

Because the Jaguars (who bought several star FAs and drafted a franchise RB) and Rams (who completely overhauled their coaching staff) are comparable to the Lions? Those fans had reason to suspect change, though perhaps not the level of improvement they made. What did the Lions do again to suggest they were a different team than last year? Wagner was the only notable addition (Lang and Warford were essentially a wash), but at the same time we lost Decker.

Because the Jaguars (who bought several star FAs and drafted a franchise RB) and Rams (who completely overhauled their coaching staff) are comparable to the Lions? Those fans had reason to suspect change, though perhaps not the level of improvement they made. What did the Lions do again to suggest they were a different team than last year? Wagner was the only notable addition (Lang and Warford were essentially a wash), but at the same time we lost Decker.

The Jags brought several FA stars over? Lol. Like who? AJ Boyue (sp?) was a top notch FA but he was far from a star. Calais Campbell has been an ok DT/DE who stepped up this yr and played the best football of his life. He's been mediocre at best in his career.
And the Rams brought in a 30 something yr old HC. Goff was already considered a bust by some and their WR corp was a joke.
The Lions brought in the top 2 FA OLinemen in and they were the talk of the town. Lang and Warford a wash? Lol..ok.
Now i'm not sitting here snd saying that we hit the jackpot during the offseason but expectations were high. Don't give me that shit that the Rams and Jags fans expected this type of turnaround from their teams. That's a bold face lie lol.

Ya know what both those teams have though? Two top RBs and good to great D's. Think we have any of that? We're not even fkn close....

Last edited:

Isn't that what a prediction is.. You know before they play their games. Kind of ruins it if you wait until December.

The Jags brought several FA stars over? Lol. Like who? AJ Boyue (sp?) was a top notch FA but he was far from a star. Calais Campbell has been an ok DT/DE who stepped up this yr and played the best football of his life. He's been mediocre at best in his career.
And the Rams brought in a 30 something yr old HC. Goff was already considered a bust by some and their WR corp was a joke.
The Lions brought in the top 2 FA OLinemen in and they were the talk of the town. Lang and Warford a wash? Lol..ok.
Now i'm not sitting here snd saying that we hit the jackpot during the offseason but expectations were high. Don't give me that shit that the Rams and Jags fans expected this type of turnaround from their teams. That's a bold face lie lol.

Ya know what both those teams have though? Two top RBs and good to great D's. Think we have any of that? We're not even fkn close....

Firstly, you'll note I specifically said Jags and Rams probably shouldn't have expected the amount of improvement they saw. That said, they should have expected change.

It appears you have a different evaluation of the players involved than I do. I thought Bouye and Campbell were some of the highest rated players their positions going into FA. I thought Lang and Warford were relatively even overall, with different strengths. That's kind of how predicting works, each person evaluates the moves differently. I saw the same team we had the year before, gaining Wagner but losing Decker.

Jags and Rams fans should have expected their team to be different, though not necessarily to such a large degree. Lions fans should not have predicted a better team than the previous year.

Firstly, you'll note I specifically said Jags and Rams probably shouldn't have expected the amount of improvement they saw. That said, they should have expected change.

It appears you have a different evaluation of the players involved than I do. I thought Bouye and Campbell were some of the highest rated players their positions going into FA. I thought Lang and Warford were relatively even overall, with different strengths. That's kind of how predicting works, each person evaluates the moves differently. I saw the same team we had the year before, gaining Wagner but losing Decker.

Jags and Rams fans should have expected their team to be different, though not necessarily to such a large degree. Lions fans should not have predicted a better team than the previous year.

Lang and Warford coming into 2017 were not the same player. Grabbing Lang and Wagner was supposed to be the answers at OLine. How you compare Lang to Warford is mindboggling but whatever lol. Didn't we pick up Wagner and Lang before the Decker injury? Our OLine was supposed to be stellar, so change was supposed to be evident. Meaning, the Lions were supposed to be BETTER. They also drafted a 1st rd ILB that is very good.
I like what the Jags did in the offseason and they nailed the pick with Fournette (if he stays healthy) but no way on Earth did their fans expect this type of turnaround. Especially on O. They still had Bortles and a questionable WR corp with no TE.
As for the Rams, i'll say it again. Rams fan were already ready to hang Goff from the rafters. Their WR corp was borderline comical coming into the season. They basically hired a manboy as their HC. Gurley came in and ran like his fkn hair was on fire. Making Goff's job a whole hell of a lot easier. Robert Woods was turning into a stud lol, a rookie WR in Kupp has been solid and Watkins showed flashes of his former self. Go ask a Rams fan if they thought their team was going to be Super Bowl contenders in August and you'd probably get booted in the face lol.

Lang is 13th rated guard out of 80. Top 10 most of year until foot injury. Warford is 25th ranked guard in league. And dealt with some injuries too

Glasgow is 22nd out of 80. Wagner had a good grade but got hurt and played through injuries.

Decker had a poor grade back from the injury. Shoulder not 100% for sure. Swanson had a poor grade and now has concussion problems again and missed time early.

Corey Robinson, Greg Robinson, Brian Mihalik, Emmett Cleary and Don Barclay all had terrible grades.

Dahl average grade so far

Decker, Dahl,Glasgow,Lang,Wagner can be a good Oline when healthy. They really need to add a good swing tackle and good backup guard

Last edited:
need an upgrade over samsonite and Glasgow. Glasgow is perfect swing back up. Go get the best cheap starting guard in fa. Draft your replacement center in rd 2 or 3. Draft a 4th or 5th rd power back.

Fix the dline.

Shawn LauvaoGWAS$4,250,000UFA-
Andre SmithGCIN$3,250,000UFA-
Jermon BushrodGMIA$3,000,000UFA-
D.J. FlukerGNYG$3,000,000UFA-
Andrew NorwellGCAR$2,746,000UFA-
Jahri EvansGGB$2,250,000UFA-
Joe BergerGMIN$2,165,000UFA-
Justin PughGNYG$2,086,475UFA-
Matt SlausonGLAC$2,000,000UFA-
Jonathan CooperGDAL$2,000,000UFA-

Glasgow has played well. Especially at center. They need a LG unless Dahl steps up

Berger said he is retiring as well which is a blow to the Vikings

While the Lions have a good amount of cap space. Vikings have more, without really having any of their significant players as Free Agents. So they should improve next year.

Packers have decent cap space and if Rodgers is healthy they are better.

So while we have money to spend, our two main division rivals right now have similar amounts to spend as well.

While the Lions have a good amount of cap space. Vikings have more, without really having any of their significant players as Free Agents. So they should improve next year.

Packers have decent cap space and if Rodgers is healthy they are better.

So while we have money to spend, our two main division rivals right now have similar amounts to spend as well.

If I remember correctly, MN doesn't have a single QB under contract next year....all three are free agents.

If I remember correctly, MN doesn't have a single QB under contract next year....all three are free agents.

Well that's good. Any QB will be more expensive. Be interesting to see what they choose.

Still their solid team is there, even adding a QB contract they will still have plenty of room.

Glasgow has played well. Especially at center. They need a LG unless Dahl steps up

Berger said he is retiring as well which is a blow to the Vikings

I don't think Glasgow has necessarily played bad...i just think he holds more value being a versatile rotation guy. Kind of a built in fix for all your injury excuses.

Glasgow is a good starter. Not a fix for injuries especially if backup guards are hurt and two other interior are hurt. Barclay had to play due to multiple injuries

Her's my prediction. Next pre-season LKP will predict the Lions go 11-5 with a Super Bowl Run. He will predict Stafford wins the MVP. Then he will make extensive excuses when they go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Back