Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

LKP the lions aren't running the table with no running game. it's just not going to happen.

Lions are better than all five teams combined. Yes it's probable

It's been a long time since I worked with probabilities but I think it goes like this

Using ESPN's FPI probability index (based on point spreads) these are the game by game win probability of the Lions final 5 games

BAL .40
TB .52
Chi .78
Cin .50
GB .66

based on those game by game win probabilities, the probability that they win all 5 is only 5%

Lions are the better team than all five teams. They should win all five. Most probable. No spreads, no betting, who is the better the team. The Lions. By far really

Back to business as always. Took you awhile to go back to your full-on troll mode.

You seem to do okay, mostly right after the Lions lose. But then you have to counter the rest of the negativity (which is all correct, by the way) to bring your warped "balance" back to the board.

Me thinks LKP is portraying some sort of persona that others are accepting as his actual one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to business as always. Took you awhile to go back to your full-on troll mode.

You seem to do okay, mostly right after the Lions lose. But then you have to counter the rest of the negativity (which is all correct, by the way) to bring your warped "balance" back to the board.

The negativity is far from correct. It's fake news and you people not observing what happened in the games. The Lions are a good team. That is a damn fact and they are better than the five teams they will face so should win all of them.

Lions are the better team than all five teams. They should win all five. Most probable. No spreads, no betting, who is the better the team. The Lions. By far really

I'm starting to think you don't even know the meaning of probable.

I'm using historical data to come up with the probablity of a 5-0 finish. You are using LKP logic, which is based on delusional homerism.

In LKP world, it is highly probable that they finish 5-0 in "true wins".

I'm starting to think you don't even know the meaning of probable.

I'm using historical data to come up with the probablity of a 5-0 finish. You are using LKP logic, which is based on delusional homerism.

In LKP world, it is highly probable that they finish 5-0 in "true wins".

Historical doesn't matter. It's who is the better team. The answer is the Lions are better than all five teams they face. They should win each game. Just happens to be all five of them.

If they were going to New England or Pittsburgh or Minnesota, I wouldn't say they would win all five. But they are going to Baltimore and Tampa and the Bengals while hosting two weak divisional rivals. Lions should win out.

The negativity is far from correct. It's fake news and you people not observing what happened in the games. The Lions are a good team. That is a damn fact and they are better than the five teams they will face so should win all of them.

Ridiculous

Why bother playing the games then?

Just put it to the players' vote before each season, then award the SB championship to the top vote getter.

Ridiculous

Why bother playing the games then?

Just put it to the players' vote before each season, then award the SB championship to the top vote getter.

Should win the games. Still possible to lose them but should win and probable to win is not guaranteed to win. The refs and injuries and lack of execution could make it interesting. That is why sports are fun

Historical doesn't matter. It's who is the better team. The answer is the Lions are better than all five teams they face. They should win each game. Just happens to be all five of them.

If they were going to New England or Pittsburgh or Minnesota, I wouldn't say they would win all five. But they are going to Baltimore and Tampa and the Bengals while hosting two weak divisional rivals. Lions should win out.

so the Lions always beat the teams that they are better than?

Last edited:
so the Lions always beat the teams that they are better than?

They should and have been this year for the most part. Injuries and refs caused a few losses. The Lions are healthy enough to beat the remaining five and if the refs stay out of the Lions win out

Last edited:
They should and have been this year for the most part. Injuries and refs caused a few losses. The Lions are healthy enough to beat the remaining five and if the refs stay out of the Lions win out

just last week you said that the Lions were better than MN in all phases of the game and they lost. So the most recent situation, when the Lions were the better team, they lost. Your logic is confusing me.

just last week you said that the Lions were better than MN in all phases of the game and they lost. So the most recent situation, when the Lions were the better team, they lost. Your logic is confusing me.

Lions are the better team. I said for the most part. If the Lions are the better team they should win the game. It's probable not guaranteed.

Most probable does not mean guaranteed.

9 times out of 10 the Lions would win out with this schedule.

Will we see the 1 time or will we see the 9 times. We can only get to see what happens once. They should win out but it's not a guarantee but it is probable

9 times out of 10 the Lions would win out with this schedule.

Will we see the 1 time or will we see the 9 times. We can only get to see what happens once. They should win out but it's not a guarantee but it is probable

Historical data suggests that the Lions win out 1 of 10 times with this type of schedule.

(See post 186)

Historical data suggests that the Lions win out 1 of 10 times with this type of schedule.

(See post 186)

Historical data is not the 2017 Lions. 2017 Lions are better than all five teams they face so they should win 9 out of 10 times. Will we see that 9 or the 1

Last edited:
Should win the games. Still possible to lose them but should win and probable to win is not guaranteed to win. The refs and injuries and lack of execution could make it interesting. That is why sports are fun

I would consider you to be the most homerish trollposter who I have ever read, however you still fall far short of a certain Milwaukee Brewers homer who posted on the late ESPN team messageboards, and had a half-dozen or more alt-SNs which he used to create entire threads comprised of himself conversing with himself.

Even if the lions had a probability of 75% of winning each of the next 5 games, the odds they would win all 5 statistically would be closer to 25%.

I don't think anyone gives them a 75% chance of winning each of the next 5 games.

So now, they are not most likely to win the next 5.

Last edited:
Back